Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

quick draw ll

airbrush

hello all my first post. In the all metal mode, i still get the three tones lo med and hi is this right? The way it sounds to me it should be the same tone for all metals gold silver iron in the all metal mode. Thanks and cya

No, In all metal mode, all metal targets will activate a tone dependent upon its composition... iron=low, aluminum, nickels zinc=mid and copper and silver=high. If you turn up the discrimination to "eliminate" iron then in a perfect world, you would never hear a low tone. At least that is the way my BH Jr. works.

Mark
Elite 2200

Yes...Your detector is functioning properly...I wish my Land Star worked like that, but it produces only one tone for all metals in all metal mode.

HH,

I have that machine and have used it quite often. Not sure why you are hunting in all metal mode but,, all that means is that you are not discriminating out any type of metal. All the tones will still be there ,,but you will pick up everything including -nails ,iron,tin foil and all the small trashy items.

Here's how I hunt with it. Turn it on, set the sensitivity knob at 1 - 2 oclock position and set the disc knob at 10-11 oclock position. And you are good to go. I hunt like that all the time,, no need to adjust, at least 4 me. Dig every thing that you can pin point,,,,, for as long as you can in an outing,,,, and you will do well.

Only thing you may need to adjust is the sensitivity, want it to be as high as possible but if to high you will get false signals and erratic behavior. Ground minerals have something to do wt it and maybe the area hunting.(power lines ect.) Usually 1-2 oclock position is good.

Good Luck

GoGoGopher said:
Yes...Your detector is functioning properly...I wish my Land Star worked like that, but it produces only one tone for all metals in all metal mode.

HH,

Your wish is granted Gopher!:thumbup:

There is a big difference between motion all metal and no motion all metal modes. The quickdraw II and below only utilize motion all metal (disc mode, disc fully CCW), hence the tones. The SSII, 505, LS and above ALSO have this option, check your manual Gopher. Running your LS in Disc mode with Disc knob fully CCW is the same as the QD II's all metal mode. But, the SSII, 505, LS and above also have a true no motion all metal mode (mono tone) which plunges WAY deeper and far more sensitive than the motion all metal mode. Two totally different modes of operation. Until you have used both it really wont make sense(QD II users). Maybe Dave J could elaborate on this, JJ