Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Questions regarding Classic 5ID and IDX Pro.

mattw

My father, nearing 80, just lost to the god of death his Goldmaster 66tr. He would like a replacement unit, and wants whites. He is not looking to spend a fortune or learn a complex digital unit. I am looking for a good used IDX Pro or maybe a new Classic 5ID. I have not used either unit, but the specs look ok, to me. I do think he would like tone ID, at least 3 levels and a decent selection of coils.

Question is, what model would be good for a very casual user? I am kinda pointing him toward the IDX Pro, and would have the Bill mods performed.

What do you all think?

Matt

Good choice. Not too complicated. Slow swing speed. Good depth. Pinpoints well. Not too heavy. But no target ID. Personally I don't need it. My modded IDX pro is a great machine. I wish I had more time to use all my detectors.

a Matrix M6 (most coils available and great all-around performance) or the Prizm 6T (limited coils choices, but the 'shooter' DD coils is a must-have).

I've owned both and they are each good units. Even though I personally favor the M6 of the two, I'd bet khouse is right. The Prizm 6T might be just the unit for him. Be sure to get the Prizm Shooter coil for it. It will be used 99% of the time, most likely.

Monte

The Prizm 6T is a great unit and even better with the 4x6 Shooter. The IDX Pro is one of my favorites, very easy to use and very accurate. Good Luck...............Robert..........