Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Questions on the Teknetics T2?

Hello everyone, looking at some sites here in Canada that supposedly still have the T2 in stock and I have a few questions if anyone is interested in answering them I would appreciate it and would help make up my mind on purchasing one..

1st - What is the latest updated upgraded software version for this model and how do you find out on the detector what version software is installed?

2ND - Has anyone used there's for Gold Prospecting and if so what are some suggested settings for prospecting ?

3rd - What are some suggested settings for searching on Beaches with Salt laden and possible Black Sand environment ?

4Th - What other features in the future would you like to be added to this detector ? Myself I would like to have seen a adjustable volume and switchable Back light. Anyone else care to elaborate on any other features ?

Thanks in advance

Prospector Mike N.S. Canada

My T2 was purchased 8 months ago and has version 6.6

Never found or done gold prospecting

It works ok at the beach. Just have to use a little less sensitivity.

The T2 does have adjustable volume but a back light would be nice but I dont hunt at night.

Thanks T2 for answering some of these questions, where did you see the software version is it on the screen somewhere ?

Yeah well when you are at a good spot and it's starts getting dark you like to have a little light to see your functions on the meter. though for years I went by sound only as the Fisher 1265x didn't have a meter. anyway nice to at least have that feature for me anyway.
Prospector Mike N.S.

The light would be good but one of those visor lights would work. I have learned to hunt with the sound now anyway. I just glance when I get a high tone which is a lot since I hunt only in 2 tone but has produced items 200 years old. I love the machine as long as power lines are not around but if you can stand the noise it still will lock on productive targets.

for the T2 software version you have to hold the menu button down while the machine is off, turn machine on while either gripping the trigger or pushing it forward. I dont think anyone has seen any advances in the software. I think it is more of a way to traking the year of purchase or something. Anyone else can chime in on this as it has always been a mystery.

Its a fine detector that goes deep. All machines have there qwirks but i am very happy!

Beau

K Thank You for the detailed information on telling where to find the version number, now if I can only get the dealer to open the box and check the software version on the model he has, we will be all set. I guess that will be the only way he would know, thanks for your input I appreciate it.
Prospector Mike Nova Scotia

Hi Mike,
If you are gold nugget hunting I would suggest you run sound at 1 (deepest) Disc at 5 and sensitivity at 95 and frequency at F7. Or set the T2 up like mentioned and switch over to All metal mode balance the Hum level so you hear no noise and you should be digging them up, if you walk over them of course! Dig everything ignore the meter as gold give different readings depending on the size, ground contamination and depth air temperature etc.
Have fun
S

Thanks Silverman 777 for your settings, I'll have to copy and paste them in my notebook, as the situation at the moment don't look good, even though I reported dealers showing the T2's and LTD's on their sites there isn't any left at any of the dealers and they tell me they probably won't get any until Feb, or march if then. I'll have to wait it out until then, in the mean time I guess I got my eye on another back-up the Omega or Gamma with the 11" DD coil sounds like they can hunt up with the Big Bad Boys like the T2's etc. Anyway thanks for the input and the future reference diary.
PMike N.S.