Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Questions On Omega/Gamma/Delta Detectors?

I have some questions on these Omega / Gamma / Delta detectors and wonder if anyone can answer that own any of these detectors

First off any owners of any of these detectors used them for Prospecting for Gold or used them on Salt Laden or Possible Black Sand Beaches ?

I know some have used the Omega on the Beaches what were some of the settings used to hunt in Salt laden or Black Sand locations ?

Are there any Special hidden Menu modes for any of these detectors ?

Are there any software updates for these detectors if anyone knows ? And where would you find the software version on the menu display if shown ?

Well I can't remember any other questions at the moment except I would like to know if there was any other optional features that you would like added to any of these detectors ? I see some have adjustable volume I like that I wish they all had that plus a switchable backlight any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Prospector Mike N.S. Canada

Mike,

I can only comment on the software updates. On the Gamma if you hold the power button and the pinpoint button at the same time the software version flashes momentarily. There have been some software updates since they were released. On the Omega you can press the pinpoint button while turning the machine on and the software version flashes momentarily. I am unsure about updates for the Omega but am certain about the Gamma. The Gamma's latest software is version 4

Thanks,
Leo

Thanks for answering Leo so I guess you have the Gamma huh ? How do you like it so far ? I guess for updates one has to send an older one back to FT to get it updated. To bad there wasn't a USB or RS232 port for updating firmware, that way a owner could update his own with the proper files , loader or cable from PC.to detector. Waiting on Delta to arrive here, should be here after Christmas rush. I wanted a T2LTD or T2 but they are as scarce as Hen's teeth. Back logged to possably even Feb.or even longer from what one dealer told me. Hmm I guess I'll purchase the Omega next in a couple weeks since the T2's won't be out for awhile. The big demand also from Sudan and other countries Gold Rush is putting a heavy burdon on dealer's as well as Manufacturers I Guess.
Thanks Leo
Prospector Mike N.S.

The omega is basically a T2. I would buy the 11" DD coil for it and you've got a great machine. I have both the T2 and the Omega and love them both. I also have a Tesoro Deleon but only got about an hour on it before the snow fell so that one has to wait until the spring time.

P Mike,

The Gamma and Omega are pretty similar in performance when you compare them with the same coil installed. The Gamma ships with an 8" concentric and Omega with the larger 10" elliptical coil. If you put the 11" DD coil on both machines there is not much difference in the two performance wise. The feature-set is about the only thing that separates the two detectors (see graph below) These mid-priced detectors will hang in there with the Big Boys with the 11" coil installed. I have an F-75 (not LTD) and I have done some head-to-head comparisons and when it comes to sheer depth in mildly mineralized ground, both the Gamma and the Omega are very close to their more expensive cousin with the 11" coil installed. If you are the original owner I would say that the software updates should be covered under the 5 yr warranty. However, if you are not the original owner First Texas will update the software for a nominal fee.

Leo

teks.jpg

Great information there Leo and the heads up on the 11"DD coil. Do you find the DD Coil harder to pinpoint with ? I read somewhere that the pinpointing is more toward the toe or heal apposed to the center of the coil do you find this to be true? Also how is the DD coil performance on the Salt laden or Black sand beaches if you know please ?

I don't see any dealer here selling the 11" DD coil as an accessory yet I know it exist in the U.S. I have seen it on some sites, Is the 11" DD coil interchangeable with other Teknetics Detectors like Delta/Gamma/Omega ? I know it's probably different on the T2.

I was about to buy the T2 LTD or T2 but no dealer has them here, so I went ahead and bought the Delta for now, however if the T2's don't show up soon I have my eye on either the Omega or Gamma as another secondary back-up detector. I will see if I can get the 11"DD coil through one of the dealers here as well. Thanks for great info Leo.
HH
PMike N.S.

Don't let the omega fool you, it is a great machine. Pinpointing with the DD coil is just a matter of using the X system. I really don't have a problem with it. The easiest thing you can do with a dd coil is put a coin on the ground and X over it paying attention to where it winds up on the coil. Find where the sweet spot is and then put a little dot on your coil. That way you will know where the center is every time.

Looking at the chart above, (awesome by the way) you can see that the omega actually has more features than the T2.