Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Questions about the Quantum XT....

steamer70

Hi,
I have a chance to get one of these but cant find much about it...I have a Ace 250 and want to upgrade and give my son(13) the ace....would this be a upgrade or am I just spinning my wheels?any info about it.
Thanks,
Everett

Certainly is an upgrade. The Quantums are a different animal , a learning curve is for sure. I've had a QXT pro for 6 mos. now and am still trying to understand its language!!!! The QXT is deeep, has notchable zones, auto tracking ground balance(if you want or can shut off) and many other neat features. These machines are critical to ground balance correctly, if its off a bit, you won't find much. If you can get the machine for a good price, try it and see!!!! They are still worth decent money on ebay.......

Greg

Listen to greg and then go to JB web site and see Thomas Hill's report on the QII/QXT well worth the read. good diggin !! gottit

This is Tom. I'll be posting a free updated manual soon with much more info in it that the first one. I've been back to using the QXT Pro for a few years now. Explorer just ruined the fun in my hunts with it's weight and having to "stay on top of it" to keep the thing working at peak levels. On silver and copper I've seen no depth advantage in the various Explorers I've owned provided the ground isn't highly mineralized. If it is then of course the Explorer will get much deeper. It also hits harder deeper on various other metals due to it's higher frequencies but, again, for my main goal (silver or copper coins) the QXT goes as deep in most of my ground conditions PROVIDED you set it up right and use it properly. I just find it so much more a pleasure to work with and that's more than half your battle when detecting. If you're hurting from the weight or mentaly fighting the display to figure out what is going on it takes all the fun out of the hunt. The very percise ID of the Explorer is a great weapon to have but it's got one major flaw...when you split hairs that much the ID tends to "float", causing me to often think the signal is bad. Sure, there are ways around that with further sound and target ID investigation but that's where all the "work" comes in to play. Somebody once said a bigger net catches more fish. That's the one advantage to the "COIN" zone of the QXT. It makes a coin signal that might look iffy on one machine seem good enough to dig on the QXT. However, I wish somebody could re-code the software on it to display a numerical target value. That's the one thing this machine is missing, besides a 12" coil to max the depth out. Anybody use a Hot Shot coil on the QXT with success? I've tried two on a prior QXT Pro I owned and they both would false after about ten minutes. Not sure if it was the machine or just bad coils, but these coils should work on it as they do on the XLT or 6000.

There you go.... straight from the horses mouth!!!!! Thanks Tom Looking forward to more of your vast wisdom on these Quantums. Too bad you can't get together with Greg Moscini and write a book!! I'd buy it for sure..............

Thanks
Greg