Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

question

brrttpaul

hi all was reading something about threashold today and im stumped a bit so hope u can help. Ihave the threashold so i can just hear it but what i read was this guy listens for any flucuation in his threashold now i never hear any change just a beep when i go over something so do u think im running it to low ive always just listend for a beep and its never faint just clear but the threashold is bugging me now also i can change frequency on my machine (gti 1500)which ive never done is there any benefits from it those who know me know my wife has a new machine and i need all the help to repel her onslaught as u can see from the pics its an almighty battle

The threshold on the Garrets is not really something you can listen to to find targets, I don't think. Just set it so it's a slight hum and you should be just fine. Now on a maual ground balance machine, you can hear little blips in the threshhold running in all metal that will indicate a deep target sometimes. The only benefit from changing frequency is if you are getting electrical interference or when hunting next to someone else, like your bride with the 250, so you don't get cross talk between the 2 machines. There is no performance difference in the different frequencies. Great pics, you guys look like you are having some fun!!

Thank you cat i thought so but wern,t sure and if you dont ask you dont find out. We are having great fun at the mo, i found a bullet and a threepence piece she found a 1911 king edward so we even stephens i reakon lol we hoping to do some land nr brecon sunday that hasnt been touched so fingers crossed

The only purpose of threshold on modern machines is to establish an audio for all metal and pinpoint. You can run it at a slight hum so you know your machine is working or run it silent. Makes no difference either way. In the old days on BFO detectors the rise and fall in threshold was your pinpointing and determined if you were over a target.

Bill

Forgot to say - love the pics and changing frequencies only prevents interference from electric lines and cross talk from other detectors near you. It doesn't change performance one bit.

Bill

so it makes no difference if i run it silent then? i know this sounds stupid but whats the point of it in modern detectors if it,s not needed sounds about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike lol

Howdy?
Funny pictures, good that you and your wif have a wonderful way to spend an afternoon together and not have to listen to each other. I prefer to have the threshold up around me wif, and she already is on another frequency. If you were to convince me that you won the battle, you would have had the 250 in hand. She has the superior equipment and probably will shame you with many more and significant finds than yourself (like the Holy Grail). lol, cannonball
P.S. wish we had old stuff like you folks have there in
Ang-land,................... young Jedi

whoooah there now cannonball im not in england lol im in wales but hoping to go over and do some pillaging next month wales dosnt have to much in roman compared to england more millitary based rather than towns etc