Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

question

ojm bc

My knowledge of computers is limited so is my average knowledge :) how can I store a thread or story, so can re read or save for info? not sure much of files... thanks Oj

Hi OJ,

I finally got that one figured out (I think!).

Start at the top of the text or page you want to save and holding your left mouse button down scroll to the bottom of the text or page and release the button highlighting the text you wish to save.

Click one of the control buttons (at the bottom left and right of your keyboard) and the letter c button at the same time and you have just "cut" the information.

At the top right hand corner of the page you will see a minus sign, click it now and the page will minimize to the bar at the bottom of the screen and allow you to open a program from your now visible desk top Icons.

If you have Microsoft Office Word or Notepad you can open one or the other and save your material to that program by clicking control and the letter v button
at the same time thereby "pasting" the material onto the blank page.

The material will now have to be saved to information storage somewhere on your C drive.

Usually "My Documents" is where you would save this sort of material and you can create a different folder there for everything you want to save.

The way you move the info from your Office program is to left click File at the upper left of the Office page and when the small window opens there will be the option to "Save As" and you left click on that prompt.

There will be a window that will allow you to name your information and also allow you to open a file to send it to or to file it in My Documents.

I have saved various material from the Internet to several different files and it is easy then to find it on your computer whenever you want.

All you have to do is select My Documents on your desk top window and left click the Icon.

The My Documents Page will display your saved files and a list of text material you have saved.

Select what you wish to look at and left click on it.

If it is stored in a file then left click on the file name and it will open and show you a list of the saved material in that file. Again select and left click on what you want to look at.

It works for me.

I hope you can make sense of this OJ and that you will find it helpful,

CJ

PS Sometimes you have to double click and sometimes use one click and I'm still figuring that one out!

highlight the text. Then right click on the highlighted area and left click "copy". Now go to documents and right click on a blank area of the page, follow "new" then select (left click) "folder". It will place a new text folder in your documents. Click on the new folder, it will open in word pad or notepad, no matter, then right click on the open blank area and select "paste". You will have it.
I am a clutz with a keyboard so do nearly everything with my mouse, it is slower but so am i:biggrin: