Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question?-T2 depth-and related target!

Texas Groundhog

I have one, I guess I have just not crossed anything as deep as the 15-inch dime in Ads?

What kind of depth are you guys getting with your T2, and on what types of targets?Realizing ground differences and conditions vary!
Most preffered settings that have proven successful for you?
THANKS!
Texas T & Texas Groundhog-Lakehills, Texas

The Depth Question is always a big one and difficult to answer, I have not dug a target deeper than 9-10 inches with the T2. At these depths the T2 was not straining to tell me there was a target to investigate. The Key ability of the T2 is its extraordinary abilities to pull keepers out of Iron, better than any Detector I have ever used. I have been having a great time re hunting sites and have always gotten a keeper to bring home or two or three. I can not explain in words how this machine differs from others, you just haft to swing one long enough to learn its language, and this is where many have failed with the T2 & F75 - not putting enough time in to learn what it is telling you. No its not noisy, it's giving an accurate analyst of whats really in the ground. My general settings are:
Hum Level set at -2 to -3 / I determine this to a degree of setting the Hum to where it is Quite then switch to Disc Mode. I normally set the Tone at 2+ and when I hunt a really trashy park or school I will switch to Tone 3: Sensitivity as High as I can go in both all metal for pinpointing and Disc mode for Depth and sensitivity to Keepers in Iron. Disc set at 10: Then I will re hunt a site with Disc set at 50 which is the Point of the after burner kicking in or extra gain, still leaving plenty of room for nickels which Disc out at 57. I swing the T2 just like my Sov in heavy Iron and get great results and depth. I have tried to swing briskly in Iron but have not gotten good results, but in cleaner ground I do swing it swiftly. When in heavy Iron trash it helps to confirm a target with a brisk short swing after you located a target to investigate. Another key aspect of the T2 is IDing Nickels next to Iron, it will at times register a nickel under these circumstances in the Low 70's instead of foil or Iron readings. I hope this helps and good Hunting. D Wes.

Hi Des...read you post with interest. One part of it raised my curiosity....Quote:-

Then I will re hunt a site with Disc set at 50 which is the Point of the after burner kicking in or extra gain,

Can you tell me where you have gotten the underlined information from?

I've read this comment in other posts, and I wonder where it originated from?

funny i made a note of that last night as well matt ,just re-read the manual and cant see it mentioned anywhere

It's not written anywhere in the manual.

There are certain discrimination points that the response/sensitivity of the T-2 changes. It's in the software.

Off hand I can't remember what the exact numbers are, but all that are using the T-2, and certainly with high sensitivity settings, would have discovered a few settings that cause a bit of rough performance. Just like you dialed in to much gain. You did, but you weren't aware of it.

Leave your sensitivity at a set point, and alter your discrimination settings. You should be able to notice changes in the depth range. It acts this way in the lower numbers also.

Unfortunately my ageing memory, and the fact I don't have a T-2 with me at this time, makes it real tough to add more to this. :(

Mr. Bill

I have provided a link for you Matt where I pertained the information about the extra depth of setting the Disc to 50 on the T2. This information came from Mike Scott from First Texas'
How is the weather and ground out there, been hunting allot, drop me a line sometime. D Wes

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?35,542568,542568#msg-542568

Texas, I've dug a alu. beer can a 20 inches with a strong signal. The information below about disc. settings is interesting. I normally run at 10 and it seems when I raise the dics. I get more noise. Sounds like maybe I'll try playing around with the disc. setting and see. There is one thing you can do when you get a scratchy signal or a signal your not sure about is to pinpoint the area and if there is something there you will get a good pinpoint signal, if you don't get a pinpoint signal then there is probably not anything there. If I get a signal that doesn't repeat then I will pinpoint and if it gives me a signal then I dig it. The pinpoint mode is very good on really deep targets that are hard to hear. If you have any doubts if there is a target there pinpoint it. I've dug targets that I couldn't hear but I thought something was there. If you have a good signal and dig a hole then loose you signal the target will be in the bottom of the hole. Dig the dirt that is in the bottom of the hole and your target will reappear outside of the hole. I don't know why the signal will disappear in the lose dirt at the bottom of the hole but it does. Good luck and happy hunting.

managed a few hours out on old pasture today ,and gave this disc setting a try out ,afraid its a no no in the u.k all it did was quieten down the audio signal and increase the background chatter ,i cannot really see the point ,the t2 when used in disc 10 is awsome beast and i normally dig lots of very deep targets anyway

I can't TELL you how many times I've lost a great signal, only to have it reappear after I dig out the bottom of the hole. Its a good lesson to be learned though, as I'd have missed many good finds by giving up on the "lost" signal.

You know I have had the signal disappear like that several times. Did,t know why and did not make the recovery. THANKS TO EVERYONE!
I APPRECIATE EVERYONES INSIGHT & SUGGESTIONS>

I live in Denver Colorado area,and in the mountains or in city parks i use disc 45 sens at 74 and 2+ tones , i will find all kinds of things, but does have some light chatter depth is amazing even in high mineral areas,i always set ground balance a little pos and also set in all metal for pinpointing.can find coins,rings and gold at 15" all day

what do you mean by positive setting on ground balance. do you mean that if its ground balances at 77 you increase the number higher. thanks.

you set the tone so it gets louder pulling away from the ground there is a section in the owners manual about that , i hope this helps.