Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question regarding Tesoro service

Valik

How long will it take repair the detector?My package dilivered on October 25, but there is not any result:sadwalk:

i guess it would depend on the repair needed but I sent one in and it was returned in 10-14 days. good luck

Weekend warrior

Yup, I would say closer to 3 weeks. Or at least that is how long it took for me, on two different occasions.

You sent it from the Ukraine? How long did that take? RELAX, unless the weather changes, you will not be hunting .....for quite a while...This is probably the season where everyone sends their detectors in for "check ups"....and, you are about 183 on the list..So, as I said relax, and send us some pictures of your finds, and life in the old country..

Usually the second week before they have chance to look at it,depending how backed up they are.They have one of the fastest turn arounds in my book,having had used them.

It depends on the unit. Water units take longer because they have to be water tested a minimum of 2 times. Some units are water tested 4 or 5 times. If there is a coil issue and we need to re-tune it, that tacks on an extra 12-17 business days.
Now having all that said. Our Tech that fixes all the units was on vacation. He returned Monday of this week. So be a little patient.

What! Tesoro only has one tech who fixes all their units? Most manufacturers I have worked for or been associated with as a dealer or consultant have more than one repair tech. Heck, even before their demise, and most savvy folks knew they were going down, Compass still has Steve to repair the old-technology models, plus John, the design engineer, and one other guy they hired to work on the more modern (at the time) higher-tech units.

Now, we know Tesoro's can often be quite durable, but you'd think they were big enough to have ample models out there in circulation to keep more than one 'repair tech' busy, especially with a Lifetime Warranty program.

Just kind of a surprise to read this from the factory. :shrug:

Monte

KVM2 said:
You sent it from the Ukraine? How long did that take? RELAX, unless the weather changes, you will not be hunting .....for quite a while...This is probably the season where everyone sends their detectors in for "check ups"....and, you are about 183 on the list..So, as I said relax, and send us some pictures of your finds, and life in the old country..
That's right, my old friend Tejon shipped from Ukraine.Parcel was sent from Kiev on October 11,arrived in New York on October 14 and taken to the Prescott October 25.I am very pleased with the postal services.Thank you for your interest in my findings. I'll be happy to show you some of them.:beers:

Thanks to all for the comments. I heard from Mr. Robert Martensen and soon my badger again take its place:starwars:

Monte said:
What! Tesoro only has one tech who fixes all their units? Most manufacturers I have worked for or been associated with as a dealer or consultant have more than one repair tech. Heck, even before their demise, and most savvy folks knew they were going down, Compass still has Steve to repair the old-technology models, plus John, the design engineer, and one other guy they hired to work on the more modern (at the time) higher-tech units.

Now, we know Tesoro's can often be quite durable, but you'd think they were big enough to have ample models out there in circulation to keep more than one 'repair tech' busy, especially with a Lifetime Warranty program.

Just kind of a surprise to read this from the factory. :shrug:

Monte

Thats because there is very little machines that require repairs. Hell, that should tell you the quality of Tesoro.

My tongue is bleeding from biting it ... SINGLE POINT FAILURE in CRITICAL work flow ... ok ... now my tongue feels some relief.

Would that be Rusty? Hope he had a great vacation.

I hope he was held in kind regards and touched by John Coffey (The Green Mile) and will now live as long as there are Tesoro detectors so that each one can be fully supported for life.
tvr

PS How's the ankle healing Robert? Hope it's healing well!!

Rusty is the service manager and not the tech.

Tesoro only has one tech, that sums it up for me.:tesoro:

Valik,
I like the Tejon too! Have found a lot of rifle shell casings with mine too. Has been my best gold jewelry producer over the dirt.

Hope yours is back in your hands soon!
Cheers,
tvr

Device came to Ukraine on New Year eve.I finished the assembly of the upper pole,runs great.Thank Mr. Martensen, and excellent Tesoro service!

Tejon not working again.Tesoro warrants for paid repair? I have not received a response from Tesoro service in January and now:angry: