Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on the 9.5" imaging and 12.5

BILLinOK

How much more depth will I get with a 12.5" imaging coil over the 9.5" imaging coil? I have a chance to get the 12.5 if it's worth increased depth.....Bill

I get about a couple of inches in my soil here. Is it worth it? If you hunt farmers fields, and like hunting relics, then that's a definite "yes". If you are mostly just a coin hunter, and there really aren't any coins deeper then say about 5 inches, I would say don't bother. Hunting in trashy areas with a large coil ends up masking a lot of good targets.

Depth is always 'relative', but I'd say you'd get an extra 2 inches with the larger coil - enough to make a difference! I've had my 2500 for a little over a month, and already have gotten my deepest dime and deepest quarter EVER.
And I like the large coil for 'coverage' in certain situations, like farm fields and beaches (though the Garrett doesn't seem to like saltwater beaches much). If the site is trashy, stick with a smaller coil.

The new chip for the 2500 should cure some of the saltwater ills. It was designed to overcome the outrageous mineralization in Australia.

Bill

Bill

I've really been debating on getting the 12.5". I would also like to get a sun ray probe. So I'm trying to figure which way to go. The 12.5 coil is cheaper, but...........

Hi all
I'm certainly happy that when I bought my GTI 2500, the 12.5 coil came free.:)

This new chip is something interesting, is there anywhere that I can find more about it please?

I would also add that the GTI does work on beaches, wet sand is absolute ear bashing with 'All metal' but, change to discrimination and 'Relic/coins and works fine for me.....sensitivity down around 5-6 is also advisable.:thumbup:

Marc

If your 9-inch standard coil is black, you may already have the new chip in your machine. (If it's green/white, probably not.) You can always call Garrett - 800-527-4011. Have the detector serial # handy, and they probably can tell you if you have the chip. And they can install it if you don't - for a price.

The new chip is only for use in highly mineralized areas. If you don't have these conditions it would be worthless.

Bill

Thankyou Swingman.
I did have the white coil as standard and I have contacted my seller regarding the chip.......awaiting a response as I type.

Again, thankyou Bill..

When I was looking for an upgrade from my Ace 250, I did notice a few shops had pictured the black coil...now I know why.

I was also told the white 'concave' imaging coil was the only one available in the world, no other manufacture made them and it is a unique design......I wonder what difference the other coil would make?