Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on tejon

petew

Dual disc question....I don't own a Tesoro now,but I'm looking for a light deep woods machine.Im mostly a coin and jewelry hunter.i live in blairsville pennsylvania,and back in the fifths they had major floods,moved small towns to different areas,and hundreds of foundation are left.Im looking to hunt them,and all the woods,dates back to the early 1800s.

My question about dual disc.if my disc is set at iron,can the other one be set at say nickel,and once used anything nickel and above is heard,and anything below is disced out?And if I let go of trigger then I'm back to disc at iron?im trying to figure it out,without having one.sounds great if that is correct.thanks for any help

If I understand your wording, the answer is yes.

Look at it like this. You have two disc circuits. When the trigger is in the default position (finger off of it) you are using the first disc knob setting. Everything below where it is set, will be disced out (silent)

Push the trigger forward and hold it,and you are detecting in the second disc circuit. Everything below where you have the second (alternate) knob set, will be disced out (silent)

Hope that helps. You will like the Tejon for a relic machine.

Here is something I'm experimenting with and I've coined the phrase “Toggle Down Discrimination” for its application.
In brief the idea is to run disc 1 a tad higher than disc 2 and when you get a response that's a little broken you would "toggle down" to disc 2,
in most cases this should clean the response up, but I've found in some cases it doesn't.
In this circumstance what I found happening sometimes is a better target being mask by other near by metallic items. (multiple items can often give off a broken like response, thus a slightly lower disc setting won't completely clear up)
If “Toggling Down" and the response jumps to a clean response then its likely the item that is on the edge of the discrimination setting of disc 1, (its at the point of being discriminated out, and its somewhat isolated)

I was going to use the term "Reverse Discrimination" but I'm pretty certain that term is already used for a different application, hence the name “Toggle Down Discrimination”.

Mark

Set #1 at foil, #2 where tabs start breaking up. When target is hit in #1, flip to #2 and:
(1) if it goes away- nickel/large foil/small gold
(2) if it breaks up- tab area
(3) if it stays strong-clad coins.

It seems like it would be a pretty easy machine to run,straight forward functions.Why does I always read people say it's got a big learning curve?

It may be that the Tejon is considered a single tone machine, it doesn't have high/ low tones. But it does have differences in the tones that with time you're able to hear.

I think the learning curve is mostly learning to set it up right. That and how to tell the size of targets from the signal. And also how to tell iron from good stuff, the kind of iron that fools a machine like bent nails and deep rusty chunks.

If you get one and crank the Sens wide open and don't have your GB perfect, it can be a mess. Chatty and falses on small trash. Learning to use just enough Sens and keep a good mellow GB is key. Too much power in too much trash or mineral is kind of flicking your high beams on in a car in dense fog. Makes it even harder to see.

And you will be digging pieces of buckshot really deep that sound like coins near the surface. Have to learn to use the recovery speed to tell the size of a target.

It's just like any other Tesoro really, but it has to be setup right and can be a chatterbox of deceiving signals to a new guy in iron and mineralized soil. At least that was my first experiences.

If you have been using Tesoros with manual GB for a while, just remember to not try and max the Sens and you will fall right into it and enjoy it. For a first Tesoro, it may be a terrible choice. But for a Tesoro fan that has some hours under his belt, it's a powerful tool and can be very versatile. It's just a different beast than other Tesoros because it's so sensitive. Sensitive to good targets, but also tiny pieces of junk and mineral.

I had one for a year after my Silver uMax as a first Tesoro. Traded it straight up for a clean Bandido II uMax. But now that I have more time on a manual GB Tesoro and doing more relic hunting, I miss it dearly and want another one.