Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

QUESTION: I'm out in CT awaiting this storm, when would be the best time to hunt(day after/day of)? Your comments will be helpfull!!!!

It all depends on the wind and the waves. If the storm does erode the beach it is best to be there asap. Down in Florida I have heard of people tieing themselves and their detectors to palm trees to wait out a hurricane so they can be the first ones on the beach. :detecting:Many, many times the storm will have winds that do absolutely nothing to the beach. A slightly eroded beach can easily fill back in within a couple of low tides.

Where are you?..........I'm in CT too. This weekend would be best after the winds stop blowing. Snow is suppose to hit, then winds for 2 days....you can go during windy conditions but it would be best after.

I'm in Manchester CT and from what the weather is saying we are going to get hit with a big one starting tonight and stoping sometime Thursday morning. I hope it brings an abundance for everyone:yikes:!!!!!!!

Thanks Jim,
I know its all hit or miss but this is my first season with the Excaliber. Dont know what summer is like yet but I'll figure that out when it gets here. So figuring out the best time that others have had really helps me. Thats funny about the palm trees:clapping:

Jamie

the storm will really get going when it passes cape cod....a good north easter will do damage of a hurricane to north shore beaches. I have seen cuts over 10 ft+++ after a storm. [attachment 48169 Merrimack-Embayment.jpg]

I HAVE BEEN UP THERE EVERY WEEK THIS YEAR JUST NOTHING TO FIND WORTH ANY THING!! EVEN SEA GLASS IS HARD TO FIND...WHEN ARE YOU LEAVING FOR ISLANDS?? YA GONNA MISS THIS STORM????I GOT 5 DAYS OFF TO HUNT.WED'S NIGHT TILL TUE'S AM!! TRUCKS GASSED AND READY TO ROLL!!

and what the driving conditions are, I might head out tomorrow late afternoon around low tide (3pm or so). Let me know if you're gonna be out that way and I'll try to hook up - I could use some "mentoring" hunting after my first NE'r :)