Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question: Garret Users/Model Choices!

Texas Groundhog

I have a question for Garret users if I may?
REGARDLESS OF THE Yr. Mfg.., model, or price. In your humble opinion!!
What are the most successfull machines Mr Garrent has produced for:
Realizing ground and conditions vary throughout the country.

Beach-Hunting.

Coin-Hunting. (That will get the older ones).

Cache-Hunting.

Prospecting.

THANKS...Texas T & Texas Groundhog, Lakehills, Texas

All Garrett detectors are made to be used in a wide range of soils.
The GTI2500 does a good job in all the area's you speak of. With the new chip that's in the new models of the 2500 ground has little affect on it. But you do have the option of the power DD coil for it also. It also has the no motion all metal mode for deep deep detection. Good all around detector. I've found alot of older coins and relics with mine.
Here's a list of other's.
Beach : Infinium,sea hunter,GTI2500
coin: GTI2500,GTI1500,GTP1350,ACE250
cache hunting : GTI2500
prospecting: Scorpion gold stinger,Infinium,GTI2500

I think the GTI2500 is excelent for the beach but is only for de dry sand. In the wet sand can be used with low sensitivity and in salt mode but the soil penetration is too low!?( Did i say this correctely?). I have purchased the GTI very recently ( One or two month) but is my opinion, if im wrong don

The GTI and GTP series machines. They both have the ability to size a target, found exclusively on Garrett machines. They also give a conductivity reading, depth, audio and other little helpful hints to decide whether to dig/not dig.

The Infinium is a PI machine, best suited for hunting for gold, however it has a iron check, and the ability to differentiate high conductive targets from low conductive targets with its high-low or low-high audio sounds. So, if you are looking for old coins, it will make a nice old coin hunter in areas with little iron trash. Hope this helps.........

Click on the link below for more information on the above detectors.

<center>http://www.garrett.com/hobby/techsupport/compare.asp

<center>

For part of your questions - the GTI & GTP series as they have automatic ground balance and ground tracking ( measure the mineralization and adjust to it), Scan Track whereas the detector adjusts to your particular method of scanning. The older GTI's can be equipped with the new "chip" and the new ones since a few months back come with it ( requested by the folks in Australia ) that allows them to master the toughest mineralization. This should also render them better equipped for salt sand but I haven't heard any reports yet. I'm going to have my 2500 equipped with the chip,check it out, and report on it.

For deep caches ( measured in feet ) the 2500 and CX series can be equipped with the Treaasure Hound.

For older coins the 2500 in all metal should get you down there where everyone thinks they are, but all old coins are not buried halfway to China. I've found coins from the 1700's at two inches and clad at 8-10 inches in the same area. For prospecting the 2500 will work well ( especially with the new chip )as will the Scorpion Gold Stinger which is specifically designed for prospecting.

The PI's are a breed all their own and can be used for relics, beach, and underwater hunting - the Infinium down to 200 feet. They aren't the best for dry land coin hunting unless you plan on digging everything. But they will go extremely deep.

For just sheer, flat out, throw it in your car fun coinshooting, the Ace 250 is really hard to beat, and it will hold it's own with machines costing three to four times as much. Garrett has a detector for just about any type of hunting you have in mind and some to cover several different phases of hunting. Hope I have answered some of your concerns.

Bill

n/t