Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

question from a newbie

kenfleenor

when you are out searching for coins, do you usually use discrimination mode, or do you still use all metal mode? Also, if I use discrimination mode, will I miss out on all gold rings and jewelry?

Also, when you guys have found rings in the past, were you in disc. mode, or all metal and just dig everything you hear.

thanks for your help.

I usually detect in DISC mode with the DISC/NOTCH knob fully Counter Clockwise...SENS at between noon and 2 o'clock (the highest you can get it without false signals every swing). I normally only use the ALL-Metals mode (no-motion) for pin pointing. I think you do not have a No-Motion All metals mode if I remember your detector right...In that case, hunt in the All Metal motion mode or the DISC mode with the SENS at noon and DISC/Notch fully CCW. This will allow you to detect anything metal (Iron, foil, pull-tabs, screw caps, gold, silver, clad, ect.)...Gold rings show somewhere between PULL-TAB and ZINC range...I have heard on occasion that small gold rings can show in the 5 CENT range...

HH,

BH-LandStar

Thank you BH-Landstar. That was a quick response. If I use disc. mode and set the disc. all the way ccw. What will be discriminated out?

Small gold rings fit the same profile as foil!!, this was tested on an Explorer11 from minelab. I found that platinum also falls into the 5c AUD range on the same detector, and my BH T4. Set your disc at the lowest setting possible, otherwise your walking away from precious metal. HH regards Nugget.:detecting: