Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for uncle willy

karp108

Hi bill i would like to see this diagram on how to pop coins you said you have posted in the archives how far back is it !!.I tried a search but cant find anything.Cheers ken

Probe for the coin with a probe and when you locate it leave the probe in the ground. Take your large screwdriver and push the tip down alongside and just past the coin. Pull the probe out and lay the handle up against the shaft of the screwdriver to use as a fulcrum. Then press down on the handle of the screwdriver in the direction shown and out pops the coin.

Bill

Thanks bill that sure looks a great way to extract coins:thumbup: .I am getting there but i think i need to sharpen up my pinpointing skills before i will be able to pull that move off something else for me to practice though.Thanks for all your tips i have read on the forum I'm sure i will pick up even more the further i read back in the archives they have been most helpful. my 250 it sure is a lot more stable now i reduced down to 4 bars and i now hunt in coin or jewellery mode and not in all metal that i started in. Cheers ken

I pop coins using the Revis method if they are less than 2 inches deep.

The best method for digging coins if you can't do that or if your target is deeper than a few inches is to use a sharp digging tool to cut a small C in the sod. Fold back the flap and use your Pro-Pointer to see where the coin is, either in the flap or still in the hole. If you have to remove more dirt from the hole squeeze it into a ball to keep it together or place it on a small square of cardboard. This will allow you to return all the dirt back to the hole. Replace the dirt, fold back the flap, and press it down. As long as there is some moisture in the ground the grass will not die and the flap won't get kicked out of the hole like a plug sometimes does by a passing mower. Also shallow plugs tend to turn brown where using this method the grass will stay nice and lush. I rarely take more than about 10 seconds to find coins down to about six inches and it's virtually impossible to tell I've been detecting when I leave. As you noted, accurate pinpointing is a must for whichever method you use. The Pro-Pointer is well worth the cost.

Chris

To stop plugs from turning brown carry with you a belt canteen of water and poor a good amount in the hole before replacing the plug. Depending on the condition of the soil I pop coins down to six inches or more.

Bill

Yeah it works better in that sensitivity range for general hunting. I don't know why they tell new beeper swingers to start out in all metal. That's the dumbest advice I've ever heard. Nothing will discourage a newbie any faster. And popping coins is easy and takes a minimum of practice Course it works best in softer ground.

Bill