Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for the Sovereign fans.

LarryJ

Which model is your favorite and why ? I'm thinking of buying one, but a new GT is out of my price range (for now). Thanks

LarryJ said:
Which model is your favorite and why ? I'm thinking of buying one, but a new GT is out of my price range (for now). Thanks

Well IMO they have gotten better and better every generation. If you can't swing a GT then I would get an Elite myself. I actually owned one and it was the best detector I have ever used, I can only imagine the GT being even better.

I honestly think that you's be better off (for the money) buying a clean, used elite. Don't think there are any major improvements in the GT. The elite is deep and accurate. Good luck.

I just bought an original sovereign and many who have the original swear by them, some say the best sovereign ever made.

http://members6.boardhost.com/classicdetector/msg/1217863583.html

The GT is the best of the Sovereigns and will go deeper and better ID, but for a person new to the Sovereign I feel a XS or XS2 would be the best deal as to get the power out of the GT you have to know how to use a Sovereign well. I notice some are recommending the Elite which too is good and my own personal experience with 2 different one was not as good as the XS or the XS2 as my signals sounded deeper than the actually were. Now I have seen many used XS or XS2 being sold very reasonable with some in the $200 range and for a new person will be easier to use and will probably do better than the GT. The GT to me is the one for the person that is experienced with the older Sovereigns.
Try to get one with the older 8 inch coin search coil if possible and also a 180 meter as these will help you understand the Sovereign faster.

Rick(ND) said:
The GT is the best of the Sovereigns and will go deeper and better ID, but for a person new to the Sovereign I feel a XS or XS2 would be the best deal as to get the power out of the GT you have to know how to use a Sovereign well. I notice some are recommending the Elite which too is good and my own personal experience with 2 different one was not as good as the XS or the XS2 as my signals sounded deeper than the actually were. Now I have seen many used XS or XS2 being sold very reasonable with some in the $200 range and for a new person will be easier to use and will probably do better than the GT. The GT to me is the one for the person that is experienced with the older Sovereigns.
Try to get one with the older 8 inch coin search coil if possible and also a 180 meter as these will help you understand the Sovereign faster.
..............................................................................................................LARRY, I agree with Rick that if money if is a problem I would definitely go with an XS or an XS2!! You will not regret it!! I bought an XS back in June!! Have used it about 10 or 12 times by now!! Learn something new about it everytime!! It is definitely a deepseeker and is real sensitive to small deep objects especially non-ferrous!! Very good at the beach or old school sites. After a while you can tell if something is deep or shallow!! Also can tell if it is a high conductive coin or a lower conductive item after listening to the tones for a long period of time! The meter really helps but is probably not needed at the beach.........helps a lot at the trashy park site though!!..........If you get a meter........get the SunRay 180.............I like it the best!!...............................Joe

iv owned all of them and liked the GT the best..and be careful as some parts for the older XS and XS2 are getting hard to get.

Bling said:
iv owned all of them and liked the GT the best..and be careful as some parts for the older XS and XS2 are getting hard to get.
........................................................................NO PROBLEM JUST BUY AN EXTRA (XS OR XS2) CONTROL BOX for back-up!!.......................................................................................................................................................................Joe

I agree with Rick the GT is the best of the Sovereigns.The XS is a great unit,but there could be part problems if you need a repair with these older detectors.Another problem is finding a used Sovereign that wasn't modified by a curious user..The Sovereign is probably the best deal around for a used metal detector.By the way I have heard great things about the modifications that David makes on these units.