Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

question for the bikers....

ojm bc

I plan to buy a motorcycle sooner or later,I was wondering if there is any hag ling of prices.In cars we never pay the sticker prices what about new motorcycles? thanks oj

often give you some free items like a helmet, jacket and etc. Your best bet would be to buy a low milage used bike. What are you thinking about buying? Kelley (Texas) :)

It's only on the back burner now,but I was told a 1200 cc would be a good start? I may just go in the showrooms and get a feel of the prices...a low mileage makes good sense... I like to get a summer bike for a little touring mainly,have owned a few dirt bikes before so have some knowledge of riding a little... oj

I would look on Ebay, look for what you like close to you. Low miles, adult owned. I've found a lot of bikes, dirt and road for friends on Ebay and Craigs list...again, look close to you.... For road bike, say 1200 V twin or bigger, there are a lot of very low mile bikes that never got used. Any of the Jap bikes are rock solid, Honda, Yamaha, Susuki, trouble free as a rule. American made Victory is a good choice, again, trouble free.... We just sold one off our web site in our club, a VTX 1800 with less than 3000 miles on it, loaded with goodies, bags, crash bars, radio, gps, shaft drive...One owner who was 64, for 5 grand. If I didn't have so many now, I'd of taken it myself. My daughters boyfriend just got one for him and his sister, 2 bikes actually all with under 1500 miles, one for $2,500 one for
$2,800, both 750 ricer rockets but never used. Up north here, they don't get a long season or really great weather so its pretty common
for almost zero miles..... Check your local weekly small for sale papers if you have them. good deals on those also.... A lot of people get them, and they don't like the wind on them, or its to cold in am for work.

I like mine..... picture attached with me on it.. I purchased it off a one owner, loaded, for $7,500 2 years ago. It now has 21,000 miles on it, trouble free..

The grey and white one here is one my buddy got over the winter. Same year as mine, but with a lot of extra chrome protection on it.
One owner, 56 years old. It was in Florida. He kept it waxed, inside and didn't like the heat or the flat roads. So it sat. It was on Ebay 1 day, I saw it called Gary, and $6,500 bucks bought it. Gray took my truck and trailer down, road it for a week there, and now its here in Connecticut. Victorys done have a high resale as they have not been in the bike world that long, but they are getting a heck of reputation for being reliable. Polaris makes them. Engine is made in Wisconsin, and assembled in Iowa... I've had gold wings, loved them, but heavy. Harley I liked also, but pricey, and spent more time working on the ones I had then riding. Having said that I just purchased a 1200 sportster Harely, 2007.....for $5,600 in New Hampshire with 900 miles on it. pretty bike but its lived as a garage queen.... Might keep, might sell, not sure yet...See if they have taken care of the vibration problems.

Good luck.......George-CT

a lot of good bikes out there,will post a picture one day,I'm quite a fan of Harleys,will check into a few you mentioned,.I always had safety on the back of my mind,but did have bikes before with only slipping on ice once and stopping too fast at a stop sign.When I do buy one would only ride if weather appears good. thanks oj nice bikes you have !

Nice rides George!

If I were ever to decide to ride again I would want a twin to your bike.

That red should be easy to see.

I likes trouble free!

Take care,

Cupajo

This bike was used when I bought it and it had less than 3,000 miles on it at the time of purchase. It has proven to be a trouble free, a very dependable bike to ride on the back roads of South Texas when I visit old towns, ghost towns, or historical sites. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

[attachment 123570 DSC01446.JPG]