Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for: pi pro... Where in Kitty Hawk did you find your loot

Danny (OBX)

You posted:
back from kitty hawk nc

Posted by: pi pro (4.238.24.---)
Date: May 28, 2005 07:58PM

hi everybody me and the wife just got back, between the cold, wind, and rain we did pretty good, i found 12 dollars in clad, and four gold rings, ones a diamond band, one single diamond band, and two solid gold bands. nows its time to hit daytona beach this weekend. does anybody use a whites pi pro, its the best i ever used.

hay danny, when i was there we stayed at the days inn on hwy 12, its about one mile north of the leaving nags head sign. we worked the beach from there north to the avon pier. its a little rough in the surf.

I was there a few weeks ago. A word to the wise. Watch where you park. If you see any NO PARKING signs, DO NOT park there. Even on weekends or after hours when the place of business is closed. They have guys in tow trucks cruising the parking lots and will haul away your vehicle in a heart beat. They work on commission.

I had my truck taken away. F-350. They over charged me claiming that it was in a different weight class and broke my outside mirror. It took me all day but I managed to get my tow bill reduced to what it should be and made them replace the mirror.

Wouldn't take nuthin but CA$H payment. No credit card or personal checks. If you don't have the cash, tough. Call home and have it wired or use your credit card. They don't care how you get it but you don't get your vehicle until it is paid for. And they will charge you for storage for every day they have it on their lot.

When they took mine, my wallet was locked inside. I did not even have change for a phone call. My wife was in our camper about 10 miles away. All I had was my metal detector.

All the parking places, sandy drive on beaches included, charge $5.00. Don't like the location? Move on to the next one and pay another $5.00.

Free parking? AFTER my tow away I found one place just south of the pier that you could park in for free. Very crowded.

I think the Daytona Beach business association should just issue an advertisement saying tourists are not welcome, just send in your money and save them and you the trouble of going through the hassle.

That was more than enough for me. We were out of there at dawn the next day. I doubt that we will ever go to Daytona Beach again. Once was more than enough.

The towing charge was $100. Then they added another $100 because it was a heavy duty truck. Then they added $25 because someone came in there on a Sunday to take my money and give me my truck. If I had left it there over night they would charge $20/day for storage. The got the extra $25 from each person that was there getting their vehicle.

The sign at their front gate said the large vehicle adder started at 9,999 #GVWR. My truck is rated at 9,900 according to the name plate on the door post. The guy tried to tell me that the ordinance reference to GVWR, the R meant RESISTERED, not RATED.

I spent most of the day going to city hall and police stations to verify what the ordinance really meant. Finally, I had a trafic cop call the tow company and told them I did not agree with his interpretation. He got very apologetic and insisted it was a simple misunderstanding and that he would refund the money when I got back there.

My frustration was not only being double charged but that I had to pay in CASH ONLY and could not get the truck back until/unless I paid $225. Luckily I was able to do it but it could have really been a sticky mess.