Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for Nancy-IL and Treasure Mike or anybody??

jim in bama

What are the best settings for finding gold rings the MXT? I need all the help and advice I can get with this MXT???????:rage:

Thanks for your help. HH Jim In Bama

I guess I am an anybody, but anyway I do not use any discrimination (ever) in the coin and jewelery mode and I seem to do ok finding gold rings, etc.. HH Dennis in Idaho

Thanks for the info steelheadfever I didn`t mean it that way I`m new on this forum and don`t know many of you yet. I have a lot to learn and a short time to do it in. Thanks and HH Jim

Your welcome and good luck. HH Dennis in Idaho

#1: Coin and Jewelry Mode. (toggle switch)
#2: Set the gain to around 7-8 (the one you use to turn the machine on)
#3: Set the discrimination around +2. (middle knob)

Dig any positive signal. (I've found small gold rings with a VDI of only 6) Nickels will ring up at 18-20, same as most reg. size gold rings. Higher numbers for a more substantial piece of gold.

Now for the rest of the hunt:

#4: Dig more pull-tabs and can slaw.
#5: Dump pouch contents in garbage can.
#6: Start swinging that coil again.

Repeat numbers 4-6 until you get your gold ring. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU FILL AND COVER YOUR HOLES THE SAME WAY YOU FOUND THE LAND!!!

(Silver rings have a higher VDI number like pennies, dimes, etc. depending on the weight of the ring)

I'm not an expert on the technology part, so I don't know if this will help you. Once you get to know your machine and play with the settings, you'll find that gold ring. I would start off slow and go for the clad and take it one day at a time. It's an easy turn on go machine and you won't be dissatisfied.

Probably as soon as I press "post message", I'll think of something else I forgot. Maybe the others will help you out also.

Good luck and I'll be waiting to hear about your finds.

I could not agree more with what Nancy-IL said. She hit the nail right on the head. If you follow her advice there is no doubt that you will find gold and platinum jewelry. Good hunting and good luck! Mike

Thanks Nancy for your info I will try them. I always pickup trash and fill my holes. Always try to leave my hunting places better than I find them. That is the only way we can preserve our hobby.

Thanks and HH Jim In Bama

As you can see there are diffrent opinions on setting for the MXT. In 1973 when I got my first detector I did not have the luxury of the forums for getting advice. I had to read the manual over and over again and then read it again. I had to learn how to use the detector myself. Some things have not changed, you still have to read and reread your manual, and then use your detector in the field to see if you have learned anything. Follow the manuals instructions for starting out and then as you learn each feature you can start making adjustments. Don't worry about gold rings, because they will come as you learn to use the MXT. I don't think you will get any bad advice on this forum, but understand folks who have become proficient with their MXTs or any other detector for that matter have their perfered setting for finding gold rings,etc. Nancy's right go slow. JMHO Dennis in Idaho

That was music to my ears Jim. Thanks.

I use the Big Foot in large areas such as ball-parks, soccer or wide open fields. I think I posted on how it works with the MXT in an earlier post. Good luck and can't wait to see what all you come up with.

I set my discrimination just below nickel using stock coil or other coils.Some use hardly any discrimination.My nickels here come at 18/20 or solid 18 or solid 20 were most gold rings stay.But depending on the maker of ring and if it is gold plated or gold filled or solid gold it could come in a variety of ranges.I have had high school rings big come in at solid 57 witch is usually a bottle cap here.Depends on soil condition and other variables.Put some rings on the ground outside and check your vid number and listen to the sound it makes.If you want to bury one to check i would tie a string to it so you don't lose it in recovery. Hope this helps some.