Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for Coin Dealers or Collectors

MikeMXT

I am a detective here in Texas. I just left a residence where I recovered alot of stolen property. Out of that recovered property was a safe that contained a large number of silver and gold coins, along with old U.S. Silver certificates. The dates on the coins range from the 1800's to present day. Most of the coins are Mexican along with some U.S. coins. One of the Mexican coins is some kind of Peso. On one side it has the standard eagle and snake and says "Estados Unidos Mexicanos". The other side says "Cincuentenario" on the top and the bottom says "Expropiacion Petrolera", the left side shows "$5000". It's dated 1988 and has a Mexico City mint mark. There's also a picture of about 5 or 6 people on it standing in front of what looks like some kind of building. Can someone tell me what kind of coin this is? Is it 5000 pesos? I've never seen this coin before and since I do metal detect and come to this website often I thought I would ask. And before you jokers start claiming its yours and that it was stolen from ya, I already have the owner! lol

Yes, it is a 5000 peso coin - probably worth $5 to $10 USD.

here's a link to one for sale:

http://www.blujay.com/item/MEXICO-5000-Pesos-Oil-Industry-Commem-1988-AU-KM531-7010300-1346345