Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

question for anyone that raised rabbits.....

ojm bc

...as a youngster,I had a breeding pair of rabbits.For two seasons they had young rabbits,but the mother would not keep them alive.After the second time they died,I suspect they may have been dinner .Just curious why the young never survived.
ojm bc

The rule of thumb is that the first litter of a doe will be consumed by the mother. It almost ALWAYS happens. Then, it usually gets better after that.

My wife, Virginia, bottle fed several rabbits--some successfully and some not so. She no longer raises them, but still has "Blessing"--one she raised from the first day. He was the only one to survive.

Rabbits are strange. We won't be raising any more of them--fer sure. <><

AJ

We found that the circumstances for birthing had to be pretty much ideal. If there was too much noise, too much activity around, etc, the mothere would either abandon the babies or eat them. After we found this out, we kept the children away, tried to keep the rats away, and generally made things as calm and quiet as we could. Things gor better after that

Sunny skies

M

I was drunk:blush::blush: It was a purty bunny too :yikes: