Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for anyone that has used both the T2 and F75

Relicpro

Is one machine better than the other for relic hunting? I have a newer T2 and have done well with it. I haven't had a chance to try the F75. Would it be worthwhile to upgrade or is the T2 close in depth and disc separation to the F75?
Thanks
Robert

F75 deeper, more ways to program it, night light, I like it a lot moe then the T2.

with the T-2 over the F75. Because of this it has the edge in hunting sites with iron, like relic hunting.

My recommendation, being a dealer for both products, is to stay with the T-2. Yes they are things the F75 can do over the T-2, but that doesn't change my mind.

Re: Questions about the CZ3D... new
Posted by: NASA-Tom (IP Logged)
Date: August 15, 2007 09:14PM

If you mainly hunt in thick iron,,,,, the F-75 is the unit of choice. The T-2 can do approx 75% of what the F-75 can do in the iron. Set the T-2 on Disc '21', Monotone ONLY!!!.... and run Sens as high as possible. It's noisy..... but no other detector will come close to it in the iron (except F-75). And the 7-11 coil on T2/F75 will trump any other coil from any other detector/manufacturer...in the iron trash..... (In consort w/rapid microprocessor). CZ-3D has many 'human intelligence' advantages over T2/F75.... but certainly not in iron.

Tom

The T-2 still has a greater range of discrimination in the iron area.

I do have both units, and I can not say with the narower adjustment range on the F75, it's better in iron. Perhaps Tom thinks so, but I certainly don't.

Well in Calif the F75 in iron does do better then the T2, that is why I tested both and sold the T2.

Hello Bill, and 'brothers'

Just browsing through this discussion about T2/F75 comparison re iron discrimination.

If both units employ the same frequency, and use the same search-head, then fundamentally they perform the same (regardless of targets). That means that the raw signal from the 'head' is basically similar. (i.e. The resolution is the same.)
After that it is down to filtering and endeavouring to optimise on the integrity of the original signals.

The aim is to remove ground effect and 'out-of-band' interference with minimal degradation of the 'fidelity' of that target information.

One of the things that Dave J. does design-wise that appears different between the T2 and F75, is to 'morph' or electronically 'expand' the relative scaling.
He also provides differing 'processes' for each unit.

These extra choices with the F75's 'processes may offer advantages over the T2, but there again without knowing technically what these processes involve, then it is down to each person's perception of how they as individuals audibly interpret them.
Dave J. naturally wont explain matters in detail, because in his own words "They are trade secrets"

The real $1,000,000 question (in my opinion), is what exactly you think you achieve with the T2 that you can't do with the F75, in iron infested situations? (Or visa versa)

How would you go about trying to prove either unit's superiority?

I am NOT saying who is right or wrong in this debate, but rather how does each exponent think they can 'prove' their argument without they do so experimentally, in some common situation?

Good debate, and to each his own oppinion.........MattR.UK.

matt i know you have now used both machines ,so whats the real verdict is it worth the upgrade from the t2 to the f75 ,will the 75 find more in our soil and junk conditions ,is the 75 superior when it comes to hammies etc ,are the extras in fact useable 100% of the time

with disc. that low would you not be better off with several tones so you don't have to look at the meter reading on the iron signals or does that setting find the coins better in iron with one tone. thanks.

Hey to each his own I love the F75 I think it is the most versatile detector I have ever used, it is not flawed in any area. Give me a small coil that really works and who know what this machine can do in iron and trash.

Just my feelings if it works and the money was invested well I am happy. Give me something better and I will take a try the T2 did not float my boat and I gave it many months of hunting. The F75 was a perfect fit for me. I am still learning at some of the harder places I hunt so I never get tired of the f75 becasue I can push it as hard as I want and then let up and go easy when needed and it still preforms.

Chuck,

Many people prefer 2 tones on the T2 over 1 tone but, it is a big mistake to use the 2 tone mode for serious iron hunting. Disc at 20 in 1 tone and you hear the nails with a solid beep, set it at 21 and most are gone or breakup with the good stuff coming in as iffy signals which are up to the person and their experience level to analyze (don't rely on the detector!) and make the dig no-dig decision. If you operate in 2 tones you will miss all those iffy signals and even some nice solid hits, thats a fact plain and simple!

In all honesty the disc on the T2 could use an even more expanded iron range IMO. You have 20/21/22 for iron handling with 21 being the ideal setting but, I would like to see that range expanded by at least 3 more numbers! Most people would not notice the difference but the serious iron hunters are all well aware of this.. trust me.

Can't say how disc 6 works on the F-75 as I have never used one.

As far as Tom D. well there are several detectors equipped with coils in the 6" range that will definitely out hunt the T2 in iron. Yes it definitely needs a smaller coil and they should get one, either a concentric or DD out ASAP!!!!

Tom

company that manufactured a detector or two that had a 36 number iron spread and a small coil? :razz::razz::razz:

:fisher::fisher:Find it with...an old...[size=large]Fisher[/size].:fisher::fisher:

Keep hearing rumors that Nasa Tom is being considered for metal detector sainthood.:biggrin:

BarnacleBill

I had both. I hated the T2 may have been a bad one but In the areas I hunted it was to noisy to hear any good targets. The F75 I like so far but it has been to hot to hunt a lot with it. Have done some relics and beach with the F75 the same as I have done with the T2. The F75 is much better than the T2 I had I can get it to calm down enough around EMI to use it.

i was thinking that larger iron responsed at an even higher number than 22. i'll have to check it better if it cools off some. thanks.

"The real $1,000,000 question (in my opinion), is what exactly you think you achieve with the T2 that you can't do with the F75, in iron infested situations? (Or visa versa)"

It has nothing to do with what I'm trying to achieve, I just answered Roberts question with my opinion. :shrug:

I

As far as Tom D. well there are several detectors equipped with coils in the 6" range that will definitely out hunt the T2 in iron.

I totally agree, if you are in heavy iron... use a shhh (tejon) with a 5.75 coil. It work's like a charm. I can say that because I use a T2 and a Tejon and a Sovereign (useless in heavy iron), and I should get my F75 tomorrow! I am going to sell the Sovereign and buy a Cortes to compliment the F75 and T2. Then when I get the CZ21... I think I will be all set! For at least a little while... DOH!

J