Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

question...do you think one spoke missing on bicycle wheel,is still safe to ride?

ojm bc

darn,,don't ask how but broke one spoke off complete...may buy another by cycle soon,so not really keen to get repaired? oj

I can not really answer you on that one. Ride it and if you are able, let us know. If the dead thing happens we will know by your absence of posts :D

Good luck

If your just riding in like a normal person on the road it would probably server you for quite a while longer. Down side is with one spoke missing, that spot where its missing will distort down the road and or loosen the other spokes. The rim will end up out of round, spokes can get loose enough to pop thru a tube. If your mountain biking, and doing it hard care, I'd fix it now. Gentle road riding to keep a little fit, chance it if money is and issue, or go to bike shop and get another spoke. Easy enough to put on it.

We deal with them on motocross bikes, but we are pounding them to death on big jumps. Thats my thoughts on it.

George-CT

tighten it, but don't distort it, and put tube back on. Turn the bike upside down and you can balance it pretty well right there.
Just the Swamp Yankee in me, save a buck, do it your self....

has one here that is about 5 years old. Full suspension and well built bike. He uses it on Mt bike trails to stay in shape for motocross. I ride it from time to time as its easy on the back, but I just cruise around the bike roads with it for excersize. Geo

n/t

n/t