Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about this button I found.

fwcrawford

I was looking at some respones to "relikusmc's" recent post below and was wondering about this button.
The responses he got were that if the button has an iron back, It is post Civil War era.
I found this one some years ago around an old house site along with quite a few other military buttons, (block I, block A, script I and A and some state buttons) and assumed
this too was a button from the Civil War.
Since it has an "A" on it, I felt sure it was from that era.
Not sure it has a tinned back or iron, but it sightly attracted to a magnet.
All the other buttons found at this site were all brass.
Thanks in advance for any help!
IMG_0627.JPGIMG_0628.JPG

Nice !! Definitely CW, we call'm "Tin back". Block, Script, and state buttons, man hope you still check back in on that site, bound to be a Confederate buckle of some type in the area.
Thanks, I have not been back for a while, but still on my list.
We found some nice buttons there, but no coins.
A couple other finds were part of a powder flask and part of a brass spur.
A buckle would be nice!!

Thanks, I have not been back for a while, but still on my list.
We found some nice buttons there, but no coins.
A couple other finds were part of a powder flask and part of a brass spur.
A buckle would be nice!!
Who needs coins with those kind of buttons coming out the ground. I'll trade you a great coin site for a run at that button site. (y)

Who needs coins with those kind of buttons coming out the ground. I'll trade you a great coin site for a run at that button site. (y)
That turned out to be a great site for my buddy and I.
We found such a wide variety of buttons
there.
All Confederate except for one union button… it was either a NY or Penn. button… can’t recall now..My buddy found it.