Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

QUESTION ABOUT THE MXT

MXTJASON

HELLO HAVE A MXT I WENT TO THE PARK TODAY AND LET ME TELL YOU THAT METAL DETECTOR WILL PICK UP EVERYTHING I FOUND A PENNIE ABOUT 7 INCHES DOWN AND SMALL TRASH IT PICKS IT ALL UP. IF SOMEONE CAN TELL ME HOW TO MAKE THIS MXT A LITTLE BIT QUIETER PLEASE HELP ITS LOUD I JUST GOT IT A FEW DAYS AGO I READ THE BOOK BUT SOME ONE OUT THERE KNOWS A TRICK FOR THIS MXT PLEASE EMAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW I DID FIND A RING A ONE DOLLAR GOLD COIN FROM YEAR 2000 A FEW DIMES A FEW PENNIES AND A WEET PENNIE THANKS TO ALL HH

JASON
STATE OF DELAWARE

If you are talking about "loud" as in volume then get a pair of headphones with volume control, I had to for mine...makes the batteries last longer to and makes hearing small signals even better.

Hi, Are you using headphones? If not get a good pair, I use Gray Ghost Originals with my MXT and they have a volume control. The only noise I hear other than target response is the slight hum of my detectors threshold. If you are using headphones and still have noise you might try a diffrent search coil. I personally do not use the stock MXT coil as I use three diffrent coils when working the parks, schools etc. I use the 4.5x7 DD and the 6"DD Excelerators coils and a Whites 6x10 DD coil. I do not expierence any excessive noise with my MXT when using these coils. Hope that helps. Also you might want to type your future posts in lower case as it is easier to read. HH Dennis in Idaho

The MXT is very sensitive, so don't be afraid of lowering the sensitivity a bit to 7, 8 or 9. 10 would be like setting a DFX or XLT to maximum so I have heard. The + zone is really a big boost which is great for small pieces of gold or jewelry. For parks with trash I keep it as steady as possible and for my ground it's usually around 9-10. Good Luck and HH you have one of the best detector ever made.
Here is a link to help you with your MXT.
http://nevada-outback-gems.com/MXT_files/MXT_basepage.htm

You have a great detector and even though it is easy to use, there is a lot to learn. Some have already given you good advice. I assume you ground balanced and set the threshold to a slight hum or just below it. If you only have the stock coil and are mainly hunting parks right now they are just to trashy for it. You will want to try one or more of the coils already mentioned. If you are not ready to invest more money right now then find someplace with cleaner ground to work with it and get to know it better. Monte, Jeff Foster and others here will speed up your learning curve, Just be specific with your questions and the ground conditions, settings used and the results you are getting etc. You will get much better information back. You already invested good money, I would invest another thirty bucks and get the MXT EDGE book. Not only will you learn how best to use the MXT but you will also learn why it does what it does and how it does what it does. My two cents. HH

Hi Jason, MickFin hear cool you found a Ring N a Susan B Anthony Dollar, Ya Relic mode is quieter you can turn up the sensitivity to,
I see your on your way to fortune N fame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!