Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about the 250 and kellyco

SloDave

I am seriously considering buying the ace 250 for 212$ kellyco has.. mainly for dirt hunting (parks etc) (i own a old CZ-20 that is great at finding stuff but doesn't give target id etc..)

My question is.. Does that price include shipping? I can't seem to find that info out on the website. Ive noticed they have free shipping on the more expencive ones. But do not see that info stated for the 250.

Oh... And also.. if you were me and could swing the extra 100$ would you get the ACE 350? or another detector altogether?

To make myself a little bit clearer in what i am looking for.. A detector that has target id, is good for finding coins/rings etc.. Is at least simi decent on the beach and is light weight. My old CZ-20 weighs a ton and even hip mounted is a pain in the rear for me. (not to mention the cost of 4 9v batteries etc)..

Thanks..
Dave

I, been hunting with the 250 for a few years now. It has more than paid for itself. Altho I prefer my 1500, { pinpointing} for the money the 250 is really a bargain. Now if you feel you have the targets in your area, the 350 upgrade, why not. 1,200 Quarters = $300 anyway.

As for shipping Kellyco has a toll free# ask em. The 250 is light and capable, but we have to find the hot spots.

The 350 only cost $80.00 more than the 250 at $297 with free shipping .......but they might hit you with $10.00 shipping for the free accessories but that's Kellyco way of socking it to you...... you could ask the sales person at Kellyco if you had to pay shipping for the FREE accessories.....I saw on ebay refurbished Ace 250 for $157.00 with the warranty still on them........... I bought all my Garretts refurbished they are new just repaired and never had a problem with one yet....... I only paid $459.00 for my GTI1500 about 2 years ago ...I am looking at a refurbished GTI2500 now at $559.00 might go for it and sell my 1500..............

Try Mission Metal Detector Sales. Mike is a great guy and will help you find the tector right for you. He will do this by asking many questions about what you want to do with the tector, free shipping also on all tectors. www.missionmetaldetectors.com Dig'em All, Leave Nothing Behind

I got mine from A&S for a cheap price. I live close to them, so the dealer took off $5 for shipping. He also said if i didnt want anything with it, it would only be about $180!

Either one will do what you want. But the 350 with the DD coil might have an edge at
the beach. Both should be OK in dry sand, but from what I hear, the 250 in salt water
is not too great. How the 350 does, I dunno.. It might be better.
Also, the 350 "should" have a slight edge if one were relic hunting.
Coins and rings are no problem on either one.
I've been using a 250 for four years now.. Man, times flies.. Doesn't seem
that long since I got it. And I still like it, and don't have a blatant itch to upgrade.
But I do have all three of the Garrett coils, so it's pretty versatile.
Either one you get, I would consider getting a sniper coil later on. Great coils
for those machines when you are plucking coins out of trash areas.
I use the 9x12 as my big coil, which is good for large areas, max depth.. If relic
hunting, I would normally use the big coil unless trash or swing room tells me to
use a smaller one.
Anyway, either of those are good. But supposedly the 350 will have an edge for
some uses. I've never used a 350 yet, so it's hard for me to compare. I'm just
going by user comments.

Well thank you all for the advice.. I have made up my mind to get the 350..

Have to wait until tomorrow to order it though. No money in the bank till then lol.

Thank you everyone once again for the advice.