Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about Seabrook Island, SC.

thekevin

We are going to Seabrook Island, South Carolina next month for a week and staying in a condo on the beach. Does anyone on here know if those beaches are metal detector friendly. My daughter is pumped get out there and dig. We will be almost straight out there on the end of the tip.

All Beaches in South Carolina are public property. Even those on places like Seabrook and Kiawah that are gated communities the beach is still public if you can find a way around the gates and fences.

During the winter I do take a trip or two down to Kiawah to the county park and then walk and walk up the beach. I have found a couple nice rings on the beach at the park but nothing to speak of further up the island as far as I can walk in two to three hours.

Awesome. We are staying right on the beach so access shouldn't be an issue. We only have cheap detectors so I doubt we find anything worthwhile but it will be fun anyway. I use a Teknetics D4000 and she uses a Fisher F2. This will be both of our first times beach detecting.

If those machines have a manual ground balance be sure to check it frequently. Wet salt water sand is very difficult to detect with a single frequency machine. The dry sand will be your best bet. I love detecting the beaches. One never knows what might have been lost. Anything from bottle caps, pull tabs to diamond rings. The first two are much more frequent finds.

Good Luck

We leave tomorrow to head to SC. We ended up getting a better deal on a condo in Isle of Palms but it's right on the beach too and looks to have resorts on both sides of it so hopefully may find some bling. It looks like on google earth they keep those resort beachfronts raked so not sure how that will affect it. The temps look like it's going to be in the mid 60s most of the week which is bad for my wife wanting to get a tan but good for me and my daughter hoping there won't be as many people out this week.

Good Luck. IOP is heavily detected. But on the rare occasion a nice piece will emerge from the sand.