Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

question about purchase se pro

petew

Just lookin for some input on purchase.first,I have a 705 which is a great machine. But I always hear about fbs finding deeper coins,and that's what I'm after.all the houses I hunt are from 1800s to 1930s.here's my dilemma,I can get a se pro with warranty for the same price as a e Trac that's older.I think they're close in performance from what I read,just lookin for input. Thanks

Personally I would go with the SE-Pro based solely on the fact it has a warranty. Yet, keep in mind you are asking this on the Explorer forum.
Just look at the finds made here with the Explorer line made by folks. There not being out shined by any other machine thats for sure. They are very proven machines that really in my mind put Minelab on the map.
Both machines have a learning curve so expect that.
The one thing I would recommend you try to find for your Explorer if you go that route (will cost you and be hard to find) is an X1 Target Probe. I think a sponsor recently sold one on the classifieds for like $179. and boy did that get snagged up fast. Most are selling for around $300. being they are discontinued.
With all that said an experienced hunter that knows his machine inside and out will just about always out hunt even the best machines in inexperienced hands.

I went from that 705 to a SE Pro. I don't know that its a setup up. More of side step. Well, if specifically for deeper coins in not too trashy area's the SE Pro definitely has an edge. But that edge is offset in higher trash/iron, emi, and heavier swinger. Only reason I left the 705 go was I decided to get AT Pro for iron work and water. I had planned on having it and the 705 but found a deal on the SE Pro and it is a better complement to the AT Pro so I let the 705 go. 705 is a better overall detector in my mind due to versitility. SE Pro definitely has more target info but it is slower, heavier, and behaves like a low frequency detector in EMI area's. Probably why its so good on deep silver. SE Pro/Etrac is definitely king in yard for deep coins!