Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about my new Se Pro...

Kenny Ray

I got a new Se Pro from Larry at NWI yesterday and went and tried it out today.I had a Explorer XS for the past 10 years.I always put my coil on the ground and pressed noise cancel to ground balance it.I was looking at the new book that came with the Se Pro and it says to hold it up 30mm from the ground to balance it.Is that how you Se Pro users do it? I noticed that the pinpoint is a lot different from my older model.What is the best way to get a tighter,louder pinpoint?I'm sure once I get used to it I'll use it like I did with my old one.It is a great machine,in a few hours I had a 1942' Canadian silver dime,an old token,10 wheaties and a lot of change...:thumbup:

yes you hold the coil off the ground to noise cancel as manual says

Welllll... now about that noise cancel. I think the Explorer II had you putting it on the ground for both noise and ground balance. All of a sudden we are at knee level much like the whites machines. Personally... i noise cancel at the same height as i swing or put it on the ground. To me thats always made more sense. It selects your freqs to match your GB based on noise cancel. I prefer it select these freqs based on a more realistic variables. But thats me. I assume they changed this based on magnetic and ground influences that occur within a foot from the ground.

Dew

That's the way I've always done too Bryce.I had the pinpointing down with my old XS,but find the Se Pro is going to tale a while to get used to,I noticed when pinpointing a quarter the tone isn't as high as pinpointing a pulltab.Is it that the higher conductivity metal makes a lower pitch tone and the lower conductivity makes a higher pitch tone when pinpointing?It seems like my old XS had a tighter and narrower pinpoint sound.

thanks guys i was going by manual as to how to noise cancel may be time to experiment see what happens

i use the xs so it may be different but i thought all you did was noise cancel. i didn't know that you also had to ground balance.

Chuck.... when you turn on the detector it samples the ground... or GBs. Then you noise cancel to choose the best channel with the proper freqs for best depth. This is normally based on EMI because its already sampled the soil. Hummm Kenny that could be the VCO they added with the SE reducing the LOUD tone or blast you used to get.

Dew

Kenny you will grow to LOVE that ratcheting pinpoint...as well as the added benefit of the pinpoint ID'ing too:thumbup:

The ID'ing all metal pinpoint feature is EXCLUSIVE to the SE. It is not on any other explorer. Trust me...once you get used to it...it will be a weapon for you when trying to decide and make the final decision on whether or not to dig a deep iffy target.

I noticed that if I pinpoint something with low conductivity like nickles,I get a high sweet sound till I'm dead on it which is what I was used to.When I'm pinpointing something with a higher conductivity like a dime,I get a lower sound that isn't as narrowed in.