Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about detectors before taking them into the water.

CliffHanger

Have had land detectors for years. I've decided to get a water detector for fresh water hunting. Probably a Tiger Shark. Is there anything I should do to it before I take it into the water? Like silicone or Vassalage anywhere? The current is going to be swift in some locations and the water very murky in other locations. How do you tie or attach the detector to yourself to prevent it from getting away from you?

The best to you all and thanks

Cliffhanger

[quote CliffHanger]Like silicone or Vassalage anywhere?[/quote]

I had to refrain from posting my first thought. :rofl:

Do NOT use Vaseline on the O-ring, as it is petroleum based and will wreck the ring. Use pure silicone grease available from any dive shop. I just went through the same thing, spent a week in Destin, and had NO problems with leaks after using the right stuff. I belt / hip mount my TS, Tesoro has a hip mount pouch for this. I will be posting a SALT WATER review of the TS probably Sunday evening covering my week long hunt with it in Florida. HH Joe

and you can use ANY silicone based grease. I have a tube of it made for boat bearings - 14 OUNCES for a few bucks at WalMart. Talk about your lifetime supply!