Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about Deleon and GB

methraton

Hi Guys,

I live in France and use a Deleon for about one month, and I found lately my first roman coins with it. :bouncy:
It is a great detector, and I read somewhere some people added a GB for all metal mode, but can't find more info.
Did someone tried this modification? Is it useful?
Any pics of it?

Thanks for your help!

I'm no expert, but I believe I have read that adding a manual GB will throw off the display. Models like the Golden and the Cibola seem to be the candidates for these types of mods.

Dan

So I assume the same could be done on the DeLeon, but I have never heard of any one ever doing it. Since you are in Europe, maybe this is more common over there? I know some of the users in England have Tesoro machines with Mods done on them, you might try surfing some "British" forums and websites. Tesoro indicates they cant have manual GB in Disc mode because the ID would be constantly wrong. Maybe you should trade up to a Cortes. Most people that do love it more than the DeLeon (more target info on ID screen). Let us know what you find out.

why cant tesoro have manual disc in GB mode? Several other manufacturers do it sucessfully(with stable ID). Maybe you have a little more insight on this since you tested the Cortes.

I am sure it has to do with the way Tesoro circuitry works. They must use different electronics and because of the way its done it cant be achieved (electronically). Now maybe the next machine they come out with will be a new "platform" and have radically different electronics, who knows? James didnt go into details when I asked about this back when the Cortes first came out. I was lucky to be picked to test is so I was privy to a lot the details of it before it was actually released. I remember pointing out to him that the Cortes would be an even better machine if they could attach the GB to disc mode. But, the good part is that the ID screen works in the all metal mode, so you can hunt in all metal with a manual GB as needed. On very weak signals, especially ones showing some depth, I would switch to all metal to a little extra depth out of the Cortes. Often the deep targets, you know the ones that are right at the machines capability limits, just dont have enough oomph to accurately register on the meter. Quite often good targets will read as iron on the meter, just becuase its such a weak signal. Switching to all metal mode and checking it often times gives the machine enough additional info to better ID the target. Or at least give ME enough additional info so I can decide if I want to dig it or not.