Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about CZ20 with chest mount and back pain...

cubfan64

I currently only have one detector (CZ20) and use it both in the water, on the beach and even on land.

I tried the waist mount and didn't care for it because I felt like I had me so off balance due to the weight of the case.

I eventually got the chest mount and I really like it because of the position it's in for me to adjust settings and such, however over a couple hours I can start to feel soreness in my lower back - sometimes right in the middle, but more often on the lower left side (I swing with my right hand).

In the water it's not a problem because you don't feel the weight of the box when it's under water, but when it's exposed it starts to wear on me to the point where I have to take frequent stretch breaks.

Does anyone else deal with this - either with a Fisher or any other detector and if so, have you ever found any kind of back brace, posture support or anything else that relieves some of the stress on the back?

Looking forward to any replies that might help.

My next step is just to get a lighter detector :)

I have a CZ20 and always chestmount. I always wear a back support belt too. Under my mesh bag and belt. It helps with the weight of the detector and stress when digging.

or just something I could get at a hardware store? I know there's a zillion varieties so I wanted to try to narrow it down to a couple.

i've had back surgery, and am prone to the same problem
i haven't had back problems with the mount that I use. however i don't dry sand with it at all i just water hunt.

here are a couple of pictures.

this is just the mount

[attachment 63126 Chestmountbareresized.jpg]

this is the mount with the cz on it.

[attachment 63138 chestmountwithczfrontresized.jpg]

hh

No special brand. Something wide though like the weight lifters use, but fabric not leather. Check the sports stores or sports sections, e.g. Sports Authority, Walmart, etc...

it always helps to get input from folks who've "solved" the same problem!

Much appreciated

Chest mounts or swingy things and the like for heavy detectors put a strain on your back muscles and caution should be used especially if you have had back problems...In other words if it hurts leave it lie and if it feels good go for it and modifications given sound good..
A sore arm is one thing but a damaged back or spine can really put you out of action..

Part of it is due to lack of exercise and being out of shape in general which I'm working on. I'll try a back belt/brace of some kind (maybe even try a few different ones) and if they help - if not, I'll just have to change the way I hunt. I have noticed that I can alleviate alot of the discomfort by switching swinging arms on a regular basis - I just have to get my left arm in shape and practice with it so I can aim it as well as I can my right.

Worse comes to worse, I'll just have to get another detector. I had hoped to have another one by now as it is, but finances have been too tight to justify lately :-(

Thanks again for the advice.