Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question About Basement With Dirt Floor

metaltaylor4

We recently got permission to go hunting on a pretty old property. The basement is all dirt but has loads of nails,bolts, iron pieces etc. on the surface. We were thinking of trying to rake some of the junk to a corner to try to get around the mess. Any suggestions on what we should do? Is it even worth hunting?

Thanks

you can turn down your sensitivity since any coins that we're lost won't have the weather outside to make them go deep into the ground. About ten 10 years ago a member from our club was digging an abandoned house that he got permission to hunt before it was tore down. Using a small coil he got a good signal at about a foot deep. Turned out to be a mason jar full of gold and silver coins. Good luck!

Hi Metal,
I had done some hunting like that on a dirt basement in a 1880s home. I detected it, then raked it and tried it again. I suggest a small coil and slooooowwww sweep with little sensitivity as lots and lots of targets, pipes, and junky junk. I did not find a jar of coins but I had a great time trying as I was inside on a rainy day. Found some toys, utensils, and whatsits. Be sure to check under any hole in the floor upstairs like heat vents, and pipe holes, that is where most of my targets were as I imagine the kids pushed them down along with some marbles.
Good Luck,
utahshovelhead