Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about 2500-need imput

GetRdone

As I am still in the learning stage with this machine, was wondering if a silver dime locks on the dime icon the same when found in the ground as it does in air testing, or if it is different, also, I know from air testing that a nickel does not produce the coin sound, was wondering if when hunting there was any thing different to help identify when a nickel is located, as I have dug when it said it was a nickel, only to find something else, any help would be appreciated, as I have yet to find either of these coins.

The illusive nickel. It's sad but just like gold rings it's smack dab in the middle of trash. Some people disc out the nickel and all the way up to zinc. Only hitting the copper cent up. This way you can come behind them and dig the nickels and the Indian heads that come in at zinc. Unless your cherry picking you'll just have to dig some trash. This is just a general rule for most detectors.

I agree with you khouse. When I first got my 2500, I thought every coin was identified with the "belltone". Not so. I probably missed lots of nickels, rings, and coins by not digging because of that mistake. I've dug many pulltabs that showed as nickels. Then I've dug some nickels that showed as pulltabs. You've just got to dig in that case. All others are pretty well on target. The 2500 is an excellent machine, but as a machine it can make mistakes.

A dime works the same way in the ground unless it is corroded, then it may ID as a penny or give a broken signal. Nickels only beep. If you have good hearing there is a very slight difference in the sound of the signal between nickel and pulltab.

Bill

A dime works the same way in the ground unless it is corroded, then it may ID as a penny or give a broken signal. Nickels only beep. If you have good hearing there is a very slight difference in the sound of the signal between nickel and pulltab.

Bill

Bill