Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quattro's slow recovery speed...

jshn

or so that is what I read alot about. I am very interested in getting a Quattro but I have to say the slow recovery speed I have been reading about is holding me back.

Is there a work around through settings or what have you to fix this issue (if of course the issue does exist)?

Another question, I understand there is no back-light for the Quattro. Is the screen easy to view? Are there times when viewing the display screen is difficult?

Many Thanks and HH

Hey hey, I have a quattro, and dont have much trouble with it at all. The slow recovery speed is there but not as bad as I had heard. You may need to swing a little slower than with other machines, but with 28 freq the disc is very good. The dd coil is very good on coveage, and very good for most huntng. I did infact come up with a good light that I attached to my meter cover. Uses a single led, and is plenty of light to detect and dig in low light. In all its a great detector, going a little slower will help insure you dont miss much anyway. Well hope this was of some help, and look forward to seeing some of your finds. Good luck. L8TR

HOWLOW

[quote howlow666]I did infact come up with a good light that I attached to my meter cover. Uses a single led, and is plenty of light to detect and dig in low light. [/quote]

Details on the light??

ThanX

Heck, the Explorer has both those features, so it seems to me Minelab made a concerted effort to purposely remove them.

I have seen mods for lighting that were actually very well done. Question for Minelab is, why would I want to spend $850 on a new unit and then go out a jury-rig the unit? They can do better than that and should!

Many Thanks for your input.

Because I work 9-5, Monday through Friday, I have to hunt the beach often time after dark. I too wish Minelab could back-light the Quattro, but until they do, you have to do whatcha gotta do..I went to CVS Pharmacy and found 2 led book reading lights for $5 BUCKS..Put a small piece of Velcro on it ands there you have it..ps..I added a 14" Excelerator coil to my Quattro and find coins and rings nearly 2' deep on the beach