Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quattro or DFX

massdigr

Hi All,

I have been trying to decide which detector to get. I would appreciate any info you all might have. I have narrowed my choices down to the Quattro and the DFX. What is your opinion on both machines. Is there any in here that have tried both? I am new to detecting and am upgrading from a Radio Shack machine.I appreciate these forums a lot of good information and experience here.Thank you

HH Rick,

Rick, I like both machines but if I had to make a decision, it would be the DFX. The versatility of the machine in great... The only place I think that the Quattro excels(if DFX is set up properly) is in wet sand but the DFX is no "slouch" there either...Resell is a factor also...on the White's about 80-85 % what you put into it you can get out... I'm sure more will drop in and give you their thinking. Thanks RichardnTn Backwoods Detector Sales

Hands down go with the dfx.Had a quattro,found a few things and left many more.Went back with the dfx and cleaned up.Dfx is so much faster and well balanced.My favorite detector....kd

Hi massdigr
I started with the XLT, loved it, decent depth great tone ID used it for several years. Enter the DFX used that for about five years made some decent finds but never as happy with it as my XLT, the way they hyped the DFX I expected alot more and no matter the settings it could'nt deliver. Next went to the MXT nice machine good depth but I love the tone ID so this only lasted a couple seasons but a very capable machine. Now the Quattro, by far the deepest machine I've ever used. Yes it has its issues but so do all the others. But where it counts is in the finds and so far this season I'm up to 65 silver coins 25 indian heads 2 large cents and assorted other goodies. I usually try for 100 pieces of silver a year and most years in the past I've got them but thats pushing the season all the way until the snow flies. This year at the rate I'm going I'll have them by the end of June. This probabally wont be a popular response on a whites forum but in my opinion the Quattro wins hands down. Not knocking Whites because they do make a durable capable machine but I'm extremely satisfied with the Quattro.

HH Butch NY

Rick, they are both great detectors, but I would go with the DfX. The Quattro requires a slow sweep and has an unusually slow recovery. I have been detecting for ten plus years and have owned many, many detectors, but the Quattro was one of my least favorites. If you were in trash, it was nulled constantly and I would have to set it down and wait for it to reset. This is not a bad thing, but for a person wanting to hunt, it takes patience. The DFX has many options to adapt to your hunting style. The DFX might seem intimidating, but once you figure out what settings are important, it is really quite user friendly. The good folks on this forum will go out of their way to help you. Good luck with your choice. R.L.