Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quattro on the brain!

Matthew

Hi everyone! I am new to metal detecting and cannot stop thinking about it. I do not even own one yet. I rented a MXT over the weekend and headed for the sand. I think I did rather well for not knowing what to do. Anyways, I figure if I am going to spend this type of money on a detector I want something great (something that will find lots). I also want one that is easy. Can someone out there reassure me that I am making the right choice with the Quattro. The real test will be this weekend when I rent one and hit the beach again. The detector seems coil heavy, do you get used to it?

Im new to detecting too and bought a Quattro. I bought Andy Sabisch small book called "Mastering the Quattro" that helped alot. Im having a good time everytime I go out and always find something. I beach hunt in So. Cal. I think the machine is great and well worth the money. Let me know if you get one and we can exchange ideas. Happy hunting!

Absolutely! Sharing ideas with you sounds great. Also, I guess I will have to get that book. Everyone says to read it. It must be the Quattro Bible.? I am probably going to go to Kellyco and buy one tomorrow.

There is a learning curve but with patience , practice and persistance you will be rewarded with good finds . Just don't give up like many others tend to do . There will be days where you may find nothing except junk and trash . But then maybe a silver coin or a ring shows up . You never know what you will find . I've had my Quattro now for about 3 months and so far have found 10 silver coins , 53 Wheaties , 2 Indian Head Pennys , various tokens , jewelry items including 1 silver ring and 1 14kt gold ring . Not including $65.23 in clad coins .That's not great numbers compaired to some of the other members here . Read the book by Andy Sabisch it will help . And read all the posts here including all the old previous posts . You will pick up on tips and hints which will shorten your learning . I wish you the best of luck ....Mike

in that you need to have patience and appreciate there is a learning curve. But if you're really serious about finding stuff, hit the beaches with a bit of old history, or popular beaches, and if you are near any goldfields, work around the building sites, or mullock heaps from the mining days. It amazing what you'll find that people dropped out of there pockets many moons ago. Some of the relics you find might be worth a bit to a collector, so have them valued. And I like to catelogue all my pre-decimal coins, for interests sake. It all adds to the excitement of this wonderful hobby!
Angela:detecting: