Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

quattro Gold?

smileawhile

Has anyone found gold like rings or jewlery with the Quartto mp
and if so is it true the numbers are the same as a pull tab
or foil ? I am new at this still learning and does anyone have
any suggestions for settings I have already lowered the sensitivity
to about 13-15 and hunt in coin and jewlery mode:stars:

Hello smileawhile, I've found 9ct gold rings at the beach. If I remember correctly, the number reading was 13 or 14. I believe some gold rings will even read as low as 11. gfrom what I've heard, but I suppose it depends on the metal composition of the mixed metals. Bear in mind, some 9ct have more copper, or zinc, or higher percentage of silver, so it's not so true to say only one reading for a 9ct ring, etc. I've also found silver rings at 37-38. When I'm on the beach, I usually set the sensitivity to 18, detect in all metal mode, in low trash setting, unless the beach is littered with rubbish. But if you're detecting near 'hot rocks' like ore, you might want to lower your sensitivity to around 12, then lift it up as you go, so long as the detector runs stable enough for you. Hope this has helped.
Angela:)

Hello Smileawhile

Here is a post from a while back by Doug in Manila
he tested all the gold and silver he could get and
placed it on a numbered board 0-40 to show where
every piece hits a lot of rings hit on 7 thin gold
rings with big stones.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?3,313532,313532#msg-313532

I hope this link works if not search Dougs posts in april 2006.

Good Luck
Rick

having used the quattro for a good while i can concur with the answers given.If you hunt the beaches then it will pay you to hunt in all metal
and in manual sensetivity.
As high as you can without falesing.
Small items of 9ct gold such as small lockets etc.can read out between 1 and 5...some small chains are very low too.
A decent tip on the beach is to dig all two way signals from minus 5 upwards as often once you take a spadeful of sand out it can alter to a plus number....good luck with your quattro use from a convert....paul.