Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quattro flute sounds

arma

Hi all
I have read so many mixed remarks about the Quattro noises and was thinking of buying one. Has anyone out there got any sound samples of what the machine sounds like whith the corresponding type of metal beneath it ?
I will be able to purchase one within the next month or so and i realise it would probably be a quite steep learning curve as i have a Bounty Hunter QDII at the moment which is dead easy to use. I just want to hear one in action before i buy as i do not want to make a mistake in my purchase. If i had to trade it in for another my wife would kill me :)

Arma :)

If you go to the Minelab site and click on Minelab theater, you will have an oportunity to download a file from their site on the Quattro MP. It is from a Demo that was given on GOOD MORNING AMERICA with that Laury guy and I believe Katie is there as well. The clip isn't long, but it does give a few of the sounds.

The best way I can describe it, is a flute sound. And the higer the flute tone, the less Ferrous the metal is. I think silver is like the highest flute tone.

The Quattro will have a slight learning curve compared to your QDII, BUT, it's not that bad. When I first got mine, I was thinking Oh boy did I make a mistake with this bugger, but once I got used to it, which took about 10 hours or so, now I really like it.

One suggestion though, If I were you, I would also order a small 8"
concentric coil, which is better in trash and easier to pinpoint with then the stock DD coil. Kellyco I believe is still running a special, which is: Buy a Minelab Explorer or Quattro and get the 8" coil for $99.00. The 8" coil is usually $189.00.

Good luck,
Mike

Arma,

I just purchased a Quattro. I am not new to detecting but this thing is a peice of cake to run. I comes with 4 pre-set operating modes. I turned mine on when I got it threw some coins and junk on the ground and listened to the music. The tones are no big deal. The is a easy machine to use. You would'nt regret it.