Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quattro Beach Recovery Tool

Nocanfind

I did not want to post this picture without trying it first. The first time I went to beach detecting I was having a hard time recovering some of my targets especially in the real wet sand.(Mainly because of the depth of some of the targets) As you dig the wet sand keeps coming back in. I designed this tool and tried it yesterday at the beach. Let me just say I ain't leaving without it. You just pinpoint,work the tube down over the target according to your depth,pull it to the side and then up. Release the vacuum at the vent and out comes a column of sand and your target. I posted this not trying to sell it, but thought someone might want to make one for themselves.

Now thats a damn good idea !!!
I will have to make one for sure before my beach detecting season begins
It never ceases to amaze me the ingenuity of people out there.

Nice tool Nocanfind

What is the main tube made of? Is it heavy?
could it be made of all Alum? How did you settle
on a usable diameter?

Rick

We've used something similar, a PVC based Clam Digger which is effective. I still prefer a good old kick down sand basket.

By the way: That Loop.... in the photo, isn't that the Private Marketing Label Loop that promises so much?

You might consider a Sun Ray or WOT Coil instead.

I didn't purposely include the photo of the 8" excelerator coil. It is on my MXT and I love it. I have made some great finds with it and it fits my needs on that detector. I may try the x12 on the quattro later on.

Rick the main tube is made of ABS. You could use alum. or PVC. I was just materials I had on hand and easy to work with. As far as the diameter you could go smaller or larger. I just figured 4" was a good size to recover most targets including pinpointing error. It works great in the soft wet sand.It is not that heavy and besides I drag it so I can tell where I have been. Good luck and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. One other thing. The vent seal in top of the cap is made of stainless steel washer and inner tube for gasket. You can see it in the picture but has fishing line attached to it so I can raise it up and release the vacuum.

Hello, I picked up the supplies to make this nice recovery tool as listed. The only thing I'm not sure about is the vent hole and release valve. How do you lift the gasket to release the vacuum from the digger? How is the inner-tube gasket installed on the washer? Thanks, for the help!!!

Here is how I did it. This is just an idea and I am sure there is a better way to do this but this was simple,quick and works. You could use a cable system. Let me know if you have any problems or any questions. Also the spaces for the bolts to give clearance for the cap and the side supports are small pieces cut from the abs that is under the cap. The cap covers the gaps so it does not hurt. Also it is not necessary to glue the cap on. Good luck.