Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:pulltab:pull tabs

DirtDiggler

I feel like am the current, undisputed, heavy weight pull tab champion of MD'ing. I dig every signal in that range hoping to find a ring, I've been checking a local park... any advice would be great.

Modern trash is the pits, but we all have to deal with it. I usually dig twice as many trash targets as good ones. I'll dig 'em for a while right at the first of my hunt, but then I'll revert back to my slovenly ways and only dig the higher conductivity stuff. At least a silver ring can show up in that dime/quarter range, suits me just fine.

Don't feel like the lone ranger in the pull tab dept.. :shrug:
I dig about everything too.. I'm probably one of the S.E. OK
bullet kings when I'm up at my OK place.. Slugs, slugs, slugs
everywhere.. Also a lot of nails in the grass driveway.
It's funny.. I talked to one of my neighbors there who knew
the owner before me..
It seems someone got kinda mad at the previous owner, and
threw a half bucket of nails in the driveway.
So I knew about these even before I started tecting em..
But, they had sunk down, and you don't see any on the surface.
So not too much of a threat to my tires..
But anyway, once I started going over the driveway with the 250,
sure nuff, it's nail city.. Most are about 1/2 to one inch deep, and
they are about 1.5 to 2 inches long.. So I've been slowly digging
them all up one by one..
So anyway, if you look at my OK finds, it's almost nothing but
slugs and nails.. Manly slugs too BTW.. Look like .45 colt, or
something like that.. Longer than the usual .45 acp I think.
I think I've only found about 5 coins, and all were recent clad..
I think 4 zincs and a clad dime.. :puke:
I'll attack the nails again a while next time I'm up there.. :twodetecting:

So that was you on saw on the moon a while back.. :rofl:
I thought maybe it was one of those "far side of the moon" aliens.. :starwars:
MK

The trick to finding gold rings is to hunt where gold rings are likely to be lost....volleyball courts--tot lots(childrens playgrounds)---fresh water & salt water beaches. Fresh water beaches where there is a roped off swimming area is my favorite. Really no need to dig everything just where ever you happened to be. Look for places where a lot of action is going on.....Jack

[quote DirtDiggler]... any advice would be great.[/quote]Part of the game. Every time I dig a pull tab I say, there's number 300. Every so often number 301 turns out to be a gold ring.

Many of us are professional tab-nabbers.
Dig them or pass them up and pass up some potential good targets that hit like a tab.
Then - some of these new tabs are just awesome - just look at the beautiful color of this beauty !!! I can't believe I smiled when I snagged this one :blink:
And my name ah err umm :pulltab:
tab-nabit :devil:
[attachment 82745 TAB.JPG]

I live at an old fishing resort. I have picked out the good coins. But you can't believe how many tabs there are here. Plus wads of foil and cans that have been buried. Not to mention the many fires that have melted the aluminum. I have lived here 16 years. There is 31 acres and I have yet to find my first ring! Thats sad. Some days I go out looking for rings. All I dig is tabs and aluminum slaw. Sometimes there are a dozen or more tabs on one hole. I guess people fishing at one spot dig a hole and put all their crap in there. I know first hand that drinking and fishing can go hand in hand! I did find a Sharps civil war bullet! That was at least 8 inches deep. That was found after a long slow rain. I like hunting when the ground is wet. Deeper targets and the grass doesn't turn brown after digging.