Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

prospecting mode for gold jewelry?

I think, in essence, that would be the same as hunting in all metal with other detectors. No reason it wouldn't work, but you wouldn't have any discrimination at all which would likely be a pain on trash beaches or parks.
HH
BB

I use the prospecting mode when I am searching sand in the volley ball court, as it seems to go a little deeper. Other than that as stated before you will go nuts in a trashy area & you have no discrimination mode.

I have used it on and off .Goes deep but you here everything but you get different information on screen and is useful to see content of item.It takes some time to get use to.Need to run it on and off for a hour or two to get use to what it is telling you.

I use Prospecting Mode a lot for hunting parks for jewelry. It does seem to go a little deeper, but for me the main advantage is that it DOESN'T have discrimination. Gold jewelry can show a very wide VDI range which includes most trash targets as well. To effectively search for gold jewelry in trashy parks you have to dig a lot of garbage, which thankfully most detectorists won't do. By discriminating out some trash, pull tabs for instance, you also inevitably discriminate out some gold. On my MXT I know where pull tabs usually lie on the VDI scale, so if I choose to not dig them I mentally ignore that number and dig the rest. It's a lot more work than discriminating but you will find more gold.

No doubt about it. If you dig everything, regardless of which machine you use, you'll pull out more jewelry. Takes a lot of patience after about the 100th pull tab, but those that do it bring home more goodies.
HH
BB

Ok. I've got to ask this question: You all say it goes deeper when you use it
in the park. But over all, what have you found by useing it in prospecting mode,
and was it any further/deeper down than if you had used C/J mode? I'm skeptical
because most of the things I ever found has been within the first 2 to 6 inches anyway.
Is digging all the extra junk really worth the extra depth and effort if all your getting is junk anyway?
9 times out of ten you might find a nice piece or a dime or something but unless your
relic hunting, (probably not in a park) I have to ask myself if its worth it. Just my opinion.
If your relic hunting then the prospect mode might do fine but I prefer the relic mode
that comes with the MXT.:)-)
Katz

Need to watch the iron content reading for the chance at deeper stuff.The iron content is only in prospecting mode on screen