Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Prospecting in Arizona

BigJim

I have a MXT and will be down in the Wickenburg area, I have the standard 950 round coil that came with it, would a DD coil be better and what size
Any ideals as to where I might try prospecting

GET THE 5.3 COIL AND YOU WILL HAVE A GOLD DETECTOR.
RUN THE GAIN AS HIGH AS YOU CAN STABLE.
RUN THE DETECTOR IN THE ALL METAL MODE.
SWEEP EVEN AND SLOW DO NOT USE ANY DISC.
This detctor will find GOLD.:beers:

I've used my MXT in AZ for prospecting and I would not recommend a concentric coil like the 5.3 round. I think you would be better off with a DD coil as you mentioned as the ground there is very hot and high in iron in many locations. My preference would be the 6 inch oval DD nugget shooter or the 9 inch oval DD. I'd prefer the 6 inch slightly over the 9 inch, but both are fine.

The 950 standard is not a good choice for nugget shooting in hot ground as you will find you need to turn down the gain quite a bit to get it stable.

I have quite a bit of prospecting information on my website at:
http://nevada-outback-gems.com/prospect/chris_prospect.htm
There is also a good bit of prospecting information for the MXT on my website at:
http://nevada-outback-gems.com/MXT_files/MXT_basepage.htm

Chris

Thanks Chris
I look at your web site and it's great.
but which White coil the Goldmaster 4x6 or the Eclipse 4x6
or is there any different