Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Proper posting….

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
I did a similar post a couple years ago as a way to try to help people learn the proper way to post and reply. Now this doesn't mean you are doing something wrong or are messing up the flow of things here. It just means when you reply to a post or to your post others may not read it because of it's placement. For instance. Have you ever made a post, then after several replies you also replied with the others but you asked the group a question only to find that hardly anyone read it or no one replied? This is because your reply fell in with the others and appears to be another reply but not a question to the group. If you look next to the post you can see how many views are on each post and reply. So you might see 99 views on a post and only 6 - 8 views on the replies. This means that most people only read the main post and even though they might reply they won't likely read all of the replies. So if you have more questions to your own post there are a coupe ways to do it so that people will read and reply. The first way is to make a whole new post at the top. If you have a specific question to someones reply you should do it under there name so it shows up under their reply. Otherwise they may not notice it if it's in line with all the others. Here is an example under this post……..

Ok now I read this and here is my reply……… you will notice under most posts the replies will all be in the same line straight under this one.

n/t

n/t

n/t

this is where I would write a question to Steve if I had a question to his post.

n/t

n/t

I’m not getting it. :rage: are you choosing “reply” or “quote” ??? I’m sorry I’m a hands on learner at the school of hard knocks.

instead of using reply or quote scroll down a little farther and you will see a big box to start typing in then hit post message below that. You can also clear the subject line and write there also. Let me know if you need more help.

n/t