Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Problems with sunray???

rimdig chuck

Has there been any problems or difficulties with the sunray prob that I should know about, I'm thinking seriously about getting one and they are a little pricey. I use a bulls eye 2 now and not happy, I would like to hear some pros and cons(if any). need help:unsure:

[size=medium]I wouldn't use anything else. I love my DX-1 pinpointer. It's a one inch detector in itself. Goes deep and you can hear the results through your headphones. You don't have to worry about leaving it on the ground somewhere since it's attached to your detector. Very light weight. When you did a plug for those deeper coins, it will sound off and tell you where the coin is and you can avoid scratching the coin. Dislikes?????? NONE!!! They are pricey, but well worth the extra $$$. [/size]

I have been using mine for awhile now and I have not had one problem with it. Yes it was expensive but it is worth every dollar. You won't go wrong in getting it. HH Dennis in Idaho

You sound like you are in the same boat I was in before I got mine. I thought I would save money and buy a used one. Bad mistake.

While it 'kinda-sorta' work, it would sound off if I held the cord wrong. Long story short, it needed repair, and, by the time I was done, I had less than 10$ shy of new price in it.

That was 2 years back, with no problems since. I understand the earlier ones had problems with the cord, and they have that corrected nowadays.

As far as it being worthwhile, YES!!!! You can get an accurate ID and depth on 90% of the coins you find. The best part is it will help you sort out the small bits of junk that read as a deep coin when you have the gain cranked up. If the probe will pick it up, you know it is not down 8".

Cash in some clad, bite the bullet and get a BRAND NEW one, and you won't look back with regret.

Thank you everyone I'm sold going to order one right now!:cool: The only difference between men and boys: The size of their horse and the price of their toys.:laugh:

You will also find more too as recovery will be so much faster so you can do more hunting and less trying to find the target. Once you have used one you will wonder why you didn't get one before.

I bought the DX-1, have it about two weeks now and everyone was right IT'S GREAT:wiggle: I don't like the shaft mount so I'm getting the box mount. Chuck-AZ

I borderline abuse mine and have been using it allot. I push and scrape dirt around with it. I keep the probe in my finds pouch to keep the weight off the detector so you can imagine how scraped up it is getting. Never had a problem, as a matter of fact I can't recall anybody posting anything bad about it or having any problems at all with it.

rimdig chuck, I have used the YF-1 on my GTP1350 and have never gone back to a hand held pin-pointer (The Sun Ray's are an In-line Pin-Pointer). When I got my XLT it came with the XL-1 and have dug many a targets using and abusing it. When I purchased my MXT I wouldn't leave the store without the DX-1. I wouldn't or don't even like to dig in the dirt without a Sun Ray probe. The handheld units never would give enough depth to target as the Sun Ray's can. I have on occasion pinpointed targets as deep as 8" for a coin sized target. If I get signals around a swing sets hardware and I'm already bent over, I'll swing the little coil around and get closer than most detectors have ever got (leaning the probe away from the equipment can yield small targets that others may have missed). With the pinpointing capability of the MXT and the precision of the Sun Ray, targets are located in half the time if not quicker. I have used the Bullseye II and the Vibra probe 560 and neither of them can compare. All though on my XLT I would press the pinpoint trigger as to release the unit back to the standard coil (been using the Big Foot) and have made it a habit with the MXT. I spend a couple of hours a day during the week metal detecting and have not have any failures with the Sun Ray probes on any of my detectors. If you take good care of your equipment and pay attention in storing (don't crush the toggle switch) you shouldn't go wrong. I highly recommend the Sun Ray probes, and the MXT. The only thing I wish Sun Ray would come up with is an in-line for my PI detector (Garrett Infinium). I'd love to be able to dig some of those deep targets in the park if I could pinpoint better. Once you use one you'll swear you wonder why you haven't done it sooner. HH Rick