Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

problem with pinpointing in wet sand

Lindaskelly

My first excursion with my new xterra 70 ( other than the back yard ) yielded two 10 cent pieces from the local beach (not bad I thought!).My second excursion yesterday, to another local beach, was amazing; 9 coins,1 ring,a bullet shell, padlock, plus various bits of metal, bottle tops ringpulls and other rubbish. Very exciting! Today I returned to the first beach with great expectations, however after the initial one coin find I encountered a problem with the pin pointing mode.The dry sand was fine ( although treasure-less).Over a period of several hours the wet sand gave me 6 or 7 encouraging dollar-coin type signals. On each occasion I switched to pin point mode, but rather than point directly to the target as previously, the machine went into a constant " found target" tone which seemed to apply to a large area surrounding the initial signal point,making an actual pin point of the target impossible.I tried beach ground balance, rebalancing in normal GB and resetting noise cancel.Where did I go wrong, and how can I overcome this problem? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

If saltwater then see this from the FAQ:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?55,383417,383417#msg-383417

HH
BarnacleBill

I have been told the eliptical 18.75 dd is the way to go at the beach and its suppose to ground balance better on the damp to wet stuff. I have also read the 10.5 dd in medium frequency works well on dry, damp and wet as far as getting a working ground balance.

Thankyou all for your response! Both beaches were salt water, white sand.The coil is the standard 7.5kHz supplied with the machine, and all other settings including sensitivity were at factory preset( ie 16 for sensitivity)

Bill.
Method 2 you described in the link is exactly how I set my Ace 250 up and it works a treat. It stops almost all the falsing going on. Funny enough, I explained this method in the article that I wrote in the current edition of the Aussie Gem and Treasure mag. Great minds think alike!
Mick Evans.

Just a word of warning. The Elliptical coil is NOT waterproof. it's the only one that isn't. Some have put various things around them to overcome this, but don't let it get wet.
Mick Evans.

I am not a water hunter myself just dry and damp sand when I do get to a beach. To me, if it is not a waterproof machine with a coil made for it to be submerged I would never take a chance on using a dirt coil in the ocean. Even if they are "waterproof". Plastics crack dry out etc and there is no such thing as waterproof in my opinion.