Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Problem with GTI 2500...opinions ?

joesgirl73

I've had a feeling something might be wrong with my detector pretty much since the beginning but believed it was my inexperience. My machine has never responded the same way over a target from one minute to another, loses power and shuts off itself, and the battery strength bars are eratic.I read that you should never remove the pack while its on, but if its shutting off, its the same thing right? Could this have damaged it? I don't think I am not getting good contact. Two weeks ago I buried a silver shilling (bought,not found) and put another early coin nearby and marked them with a golf tee. I got good signals, and have sort of used that as a starting point to locate them before I hunt. yesterday I put in fully charged batteries, found the signals and then went about ten feet away and was getting erratic readings, so I walked back to the coins and could not get a signal.The battery readings were up and down. It was purchased a year ago this June, so its under warranty but don't want to be without it now that the weather is finally giving up. Has anyone had to have their detector repaired....was it a long time? Thanks.

Karen(joesgirl)

The best thing I think you could do if you think there's a problem with your rig is to call Garrett directly. They are real nice folks and will give you the help you need. They have a pretty quick tunaround time on repairs, so you shouldn't be without your 'tector for too long. Be sure to log onto their website and fill out the repair form and include it with your 2500 if you have to send it in.

Good luck and good hunting!!

You seem to have a problem. Contact Mary Penson at maryp@garrett.com
Garrett has the best service in the business. You need to get this glitch fixed.

Bill

Karen, here's something to check. Look at the battery holders alot of times the plastic will crack, usually at the ends where the connectors are. You may be losing contact on the batteries. That might explain some of your problem. Garrett has a pretty quick turn around with their repairs so you should get it back pretty quickly.

HH

Steve

Thanks for bringing that up Steve. I forgot to mention it as I assumed she may have already checked it. That's a cause of many problems.

Bill