Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

problem!! help please!!

mike_wrub

I am stuck between the whites 5.3 coil and their mini shooter eclipse.
I have heard some people say that the small shooter is better because it sends out a thinner profile signal were as the concentric coils shoot out a tammering cone. I hunt in hard ground that only reads 53 but is littered with trash. Please help me choose between only these two coils.
Thanks,
Mike

5.3 Eclipse. I have owned 4 MXT's, 4 of the 5.3 Eclipse coils, and 3 of the 'Shooter' DD coils, as well as other coils from White's and second-party suppliers.

I generally hunt with a smaller than stock coil due to the fact that most of my detecting is at sites that are brushy, often have some building rubble, and they fall into the category of 'trashy' to 'very trashy.' Some of the trashiest are the old railroad ghost towns with their abundant trash, of all shapes and sizes.

Will the elliptical DD 'Shooter' coil work in-between close targets a little better? Yes, and no. It depends. IF I know that there are three targets very close and IF I know that they are laying left-to-rignt in a straight row, and IF I know to sweep across them in the proper left-to-right direction, then YES, I might be able to get a little better performance on a good target between two trash targets.

But, I would only know that arrangement of position if I could actually SEE THEM and, if I could do that, then I wouldn't need a detector in the first place!

The mini-shooter is about 3+" x 6+" and I don't have one handy to measure. The 5.3 Eclipse, like the lower-frequency Blue Max 600, 5.3 Black Max and 5.3 BullsEye, is housed in a 6

Hey Mike, I did a lot of research prior to buying the 5.3 eclipse, also talked to the local distributor for White's. I LOVE IT !! I have been detecting with the 5.3 for a few months now and my stock coil hasn't been back out since. Most of my ground has been between 49-60 and I've pulled cuff buttons at about 7- 8" no problem, you do need to watch the minor change in the ID # range for targets.
hope this helps, just my opinion!
Scott