Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Probe for my Vaquero

jnstrom

I was wondering if anyone has a favorite Probe that they might recomend. Tabdog is recommending the tinytech and it is priced right. Any other choices I should think about?

I second that reccommendation by Tabdog. I added a momentary switch to mine, made it a little easier on the battery and I didn't have to keep it probe up or adjust the thumbwheel everytime I turned it on. Sorry abt my rambling you haven't even gotten one yet. But yes tinytech all the way 25 month warranty, that is, if you don't add a momentary switch:biggrin:

I have only used one probe, the one Harbor Freight has for about $15. I had never used a probe until about three months ago, but so many were talking about how useful they are so I figured I try one, a cheap one. I have been surprised at how well it does, about 1 to 1.5 inch depth and hasn't broken.

I've got a Merlin and a Treasuremate. They're both more expensive than mentioned. They both work pretty well, but the Treasure mate has more reach which makes it a bit handier. I find either speeds up the search for smaller items that have taken the color of the soil they're buried in.
BB

I have a $ 15 Cen Tech that I bought from Harbor Freight Salvage . Great pinpointer for the money.

Thanks for all the advice. I bought a Tinytec yesterday from their website $45 (middle of their line up) and they are giving me 5 uncirculated dollar coins as a thank you. Pretty cool. Now Im waiting for two things.

Take a look at the new Garrett Pro-Pointer. I have a Treasure Mate and like it, but I like the Pro-Pointer better. I made a post comparing the two a couple days ago under the header "Tesoro Pinpointer"

One thing unbeatable about the Treasure Mate is it has a lifetime warranty. Tesoro charges $9.95 to replace the vibrator motor or speaker but everything else is a free repair for life.

But I think the Pro-Pointer is way more user-friendly and a little better performance-wise.