Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pro-Swing 45?

chowbox

Hello,

Just a quick question if I could please. Does this harness really help? I am having a bad time with the CTX. It gives me wrist pain within 5 minutes of usage.

Thanks,

Scott

Some love it others not so much. It will take the weight off your arm and wrist . There are others also on the market.

I've tried a few and the 45 is worth every cent to me. I can swing my CTX with 17" coil all day with a very light grip. Quick adjustments for up/downhill detecting. Easily adapts to other units as well.

I use mind with both the CTX 3030 and the GPX 4800. I don't think I could hunt without it very long I am 69. I like it so much I purchase second one just in case I had a problem with the first harness. I will say one thing be sure to use velco on the plastic shaft that suports the weight to the hip. I lost one and had to buy a kit to replace the shaft.

I use it on the beach only. If you hunt where you can have a nice level swing it is fine. If you hunt fields with stubble it's not much use in my opinion.
When I used mine on the beach it put wear marks on my battery and rear housing because of the way I was swinging.
It's overall a nice piece, it also allows you to have both hands free without laying the detector in the sand.
One other thing, I mainly hunt with the 17 inch coil without using the harness for hours at the time. The main tricks are to shorten the shaft, adjust the arm cup as far back as possible and use the velcro strap.

I use this type of vest & just attach a bungee cord to one of the rings on the shoulder to the ctx. I use a plastic clamp on the ctx & this is just like the swingy thing that someone sells but cheaper, & I use a plastic S hook on the ring of the shoulder ring.

Don in South Jersey said:
I use this type of vest & just attach a bungee cord to one of the rings on the shoulder to the ctx. I use a plastic clamp on the ctx & this is just like the swingy thing that someone sells but cheaper, & I use a plastic S hook on the ring of the shoulder ring.

The difference between your setup and the Pro-Swing 45 is that the PS45 takes the weight and transfers it to the waist, with your setup the weight goes to the shoulder.

I have the PR45 and use it with the GPX and it means I can use the largest coils all day with no fatigue at all.